Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Got laid off

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Autohaus, Jan 31, 2009.

Autohaus guest

Thats a 1/2 glass full approach. That is how I look at it.

For a living I torture Botond.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

I agree. . . with reservations

It is a good idea to let them know you are still interested, but never a good idea to turn into a stalker. I am notoriously awful at these delicate negotiations, but I just wanted to let you know we're all hangin' out here wishing you success.

I am surprised at how much your situation seems to have affected so many of us. But then again, maybe I'm not surprised. I just wish there were something we could do besides wringing our hands in hopeful anxiety.

But at least we're doing plenty of that!

Michgndr89

You call them Allstate types right now and tell them if they don't hire you, all your friends are going to cancel their Allstate policies in support of you.

Never mind that I don't actually have an Allstate policy...I can fake it!

az3579

Reeeeeeeeeeeally bad idea. lol

Zeichen311

Instead, we will vehemently deny knowing you if they come a-knockin' around here--"No, that's another Autohaus altogether!"--since it can't be a good thing to have us miscreants, gearheads and hoons among your known associates. :D

Don't lose heart if the hunt moves slowly at the end of the year. Sometimes you run into year-end hiring freezes or other nonsense, then in January things suddenly jump back into high gear.

Autohaus guest

Usually around Feb-Mar employers set budgets, forecast etc... for the year so that is when job sites will be flooded with new positions. I know I have asked this question a zillion times but is the cca hiring? :)

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Hiring doldrums and the CCA

I think we ran the financials in the November issue-or October?-and the Club again lost money. I know the Board wants to tighten up the costs around here, which may affect Roundel budgets as well as other areas of Club activity.

That said, I am certainly not the one to ask about Club positions; that would be El Jefe, the boss, the capo di capi, Frank Patek II.

What we need is for every BMW CCA member to go out and recruit one new member.

bcweir

What shocks me is that we're overlooking the biggest source of recruiting of all

Why not offer one year of BMW CCA membership with every new BMW, MINI, and Rolls Royce sold in North America?

Am I to understand that BMW can't absorb a $48 membership cost into the price of a $28,000+ automobile?

Especially when Hyundai is offering the owner's manual on a free Ipad with every Equus they sell?

If Hyundai can afford to include a $499 Ipad on a $60,000 car, why can't BMW offer a $48 club membership with theirs?

Wait a minute! You're getting PAID to do it? And I've been doing it for FREE?? :eek:

Autohaus guest

Well folks, I was just informed by Allstate that I didn't get the position. I guess I am not economically viable.

M3Driver guest

Brother, just keep the faith. Things will work out. Got a whole lot of people pulling for you. :)

M3Driver guest

Interesting photo, Satch. Gas attack?:D

Zeichen311

+1, +1 and +1. Sorry to hear you didn't get it. :(

Michgndr89

Dag nab it then!

I'm definitely going to cancel that fictitious Allstate policy I have!

I don't suppose you have any experience managing a comprehensive environmental protection program for a municipality, do you?

M3Driver guest

@Autohaus: I am also going to b**ch slap the Mayhem Guy when I see him and tell him you send your best regards......:D

Autohaus guest

I canz learn :p

I was just on indeed.com and I saw the same position posted :mad:. Those clowns. I guess they didn't hire anyone yet. It goes to show that I'm too good for them.

drummerfc

Who's the Mayhem Guy (or do I even haz to ask)?? :D:D

M3Driver guest

You know; the dude in the Allstate TV commercials. (I know you're probably yanking my chain, but I'll play along....:))

drummerfc

D-OH! on my part...

No, not yanking your chain...thought you were talking about someone in the CCA...

;)

Michgndr89

I heard there was a Mayhem guy here, but he keeps deleting his threads.

bcweir

Try not to get your panties in a bunch, Michgndr89

Touche. Sounds like someone is a little too sensitive about threads being deleted.