Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Got laid off

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Autohaus, Jan 31, 2009.

Autohaus guest

Thanks for the input guys. After sleeping on it I have decided to not go for it. I doubt I would call him but maybe I'll email him thanking him for the interview but I got a better offer up near me. I have heard about "the pack" but he didn't mention that. He claimed that last month they had the best sales month to date (97) CPO cars.

Paul, Saturn dealerships are full of sharks. Quick story: Before we purchased the xi, we noticed a E46 at a local saturn dealership. It was a 04 330xi with about 52K miles for $27K!!! This was late November 2007. The car had tons of dings and scratches. I mentioned to them that I was approved from my bank for $21K tops. I decided to test drive the car but it had problems. After telling them no thanks, they wouldn't let us leave :mad:. They had sales manager after sales manager making sure that we would change our minds. Then a week later we picked up the 03 325xi with 58K miles with CPO and maintenance for $15.5.

So MattM, I love to hear the talk of mortals. Tell us about your booming real-estate adventures :)

mattm

az3579

Holy crap those are nice houses! But consequently, they're OVER A MILLION BUCKS EACH!

!!!!!

You just discouraged me from ever wanting to buy a house in CT... :(
    I guess I'll stick to Bri... *gag* Bridgeport... *barf*...

mattm

Autohaus guest

I'll take the first house. Do you know a mortgage broker who will still do 100% financing and seller concession? With no job, think I can still get approved :D.

Back off Botond, the first house is mine :)

az3579

Screw that Chris, the Bridgeport one is good enough for me!

Though I am staggered that there is actually a nice house in Bridgeport! I'm floored, actually...

mattm

You guys just need a good Realtor® who is also a card carrying Club member (BMWCCA, PCA, SCCA). We can run from house to house with only a *little* threshold braking (choice of BMWs to ride in: 330i w/ZHP/suspension tweaks or a very competitive autocross BMW 318i).:D

As to the 100% finance, no income verification, that's a tough one. I can talk a seller into concessions/deals. :)

So when you're ready to sell or buy, let me have the opportunity to talk to you. This goes to any Club member, too. I know a bunch of racing Realtors across the country.

Autohaus guest

I gotta get a jay ob bee first :(

Autohaus guest

So I spoke to the unemeployment agency on Monday so I am waiting for my packet to come in the mail. By then I will know how much I will get each week. I opted for my benefits to be deposited into my checking account. If feels good to know that I will get one last big severance pay next Friday and a partial check on 3/6. I have been applying like crazy on craigslist.com for jobs in the NYC area. Careerbuilder and Monster stink :mad:. My mechanic has some connections for people who might need help so he is doing his part to get my @$$ employed :)

Autohaus guest

Well the mail man (not Karl Malone) came to my house with a boatload of mail and one of them was from the unemployment dept. I ripped apart the letter to see how much I would get each week. I was expecting much less, so I'm very comfortable with the amount. However, I need to has job soon. Being home and doing errands is killing me :(. I need a nice commute and a career to get my @$$ in gear. BTW, a ex-co-worker called me this morning wanting to know how to do part of my job..lol

EDIT:

I applied to the FBI and the IRS only to find out after spending 30 minutes on each site that I need a GPA of a 3.0 or higher in college to be qualified. Yeah, my GPA was only a 2.80 so I cannot be a federal agent or nagging all of you to pay your taxes :(.

az3579

Good. I hear enough from you already; the last thing I need to hear from you is "pay your taxes!" :D

Autohaus guest

I need a job badly. Does anyone need a personal assistant!?

Autohaus guest

I figured it out. If I take steriods maybe I will find a job faster :D

BMWides110377 guest

Chris sorry to hear that you are having trouble. Here's something for you to think about, my father once told me that the hardest job you will ever have in life is finding a job. He told me that after I have been terminated from managing a call center and had been unemployed for a few days....I ended up being out of work for 3 months. My girlfriend worked for Chase Bank here in KY and was laid off as her dept was moved from KY. She was given four options, move to Monroe, LA, Columbus, OH, Manila, Phillapines, or take a severance. She wasn't about to move so she took the severance and has been searching for a job for the last 6 months....the economy sucks, jobs are scarce, but things will turn around....So keep your head up

Autohaus guest

Thanks man. I figured I will find something by October if worse gets to worse. I haven't gotten a call all week and I have applied to about 100 jobs! Also, I am not shooting for the stars like applying to be CEO of Golden Parachute Corp. I am applying to jobs that I am well qualified. A phone call would make me feel good, but none at all this week :(. All the jobs are in the city that pay well. Jobs around me want you to have a 4yr degree, 10 years of experience and only offer to pay $10 per hour :confused:. How can I feed my family on $20K per year? Someone should slap Latrell Sprewell for me. He turned down a 3yr $38M offer from the Bucks because he said, "How can I feed my family"? Idiot. Also, Juwon Howard (another NBA bum) was "insulted" when the Washington Bullets back in the day offered him a 7yr $95M contract. I wish someone would insult me with $95M :rolleyes:

BMWides110377 guest

All pro athletes minus golfers and tennis players are essentially thugs paid to damn much for something that they should be grateful that they get to do on a daily basis....It should come down to doing it "for the love of the game" but sadly most players in the leagues today do it "for the love of the green"

OK off my soap box now

Autohaus guest

Shoot, let me be the 12th man on a NBA team making $200G :). I would be very thankful for that!

Autohaus guest

Well I think I get my first unemployment benefits this week. I'm shouting for joy right now :)

az3579

... pro athletes minus golfers and tennis players.... ???
    Well, they're paid too much for what they do as well. The only difference is that they're not thugs or don't resemble them at least.

Chris, you ever thought of taking up a trade?

Autohaus guest

If I had the skills I would love to be a mechanic. I would have to go to school for that and that will cost $$$$$. $$$$$ I don't have :(