Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Performance upgrades for 325ix

Discussion in 'E30 (1984-1993)' started by granthr, Jan 30, 2009.

granthr

Thought I would start a new post here, and avoid a little more work. :D I don't currently have an E30 325ix, but I am hoping to buy one this year. My brother has a 91 ix, white on black.

Do any of you have a 325ix? If so, have you added a sport suspension? (sport springs, shocks, sway bars, etc) If so what brand(s) did you use? Are there even sway bars available for this car? (I know it has a unique front suspension) Any negative effects these upgrades have on the car? I think these cars looked great lowered b/c of their unique fender flairs.

Satch I have enjoyed the few articles about your cars in Roundel. Do you still have them both? Your Bad Dog is a two door right? Sport seats?

MGarrison

Koni shows a different part # for the front shocks, and the same rear as for some other models. I imagine Bilstein & others would, too. Tire Rack shows H&R springs. Springs & Shocks, probably a variety of options. Swaybars might take some digging, I didn't see any e30 'ix swaybars on Bimmerworld, Turner Motorsports, or Bavauto, for instance. I recall a long long long time ago a Roundel issue featuring some modded 325ix's.... man that was awhile ago! Anyone got the Bentley Roundel CD to do a search?

granthr

Thanks for the info!

Okay, now I am taking my own thread off topic here! But, what is this Bentley Roundel CD you mention? Is it still available? What years did it cover?
    • Technical Service Advisor

mooseheadm5

Yes, the front shocks are definitely different. They are much shorter.

MGarrison

All the Roundels on a set of CD's, through 1998 - didn't find it on the Bentley site, maybe they stopped producing it? Anyone know if it's still available?

granthr

Wow, that sounds like a great resource. I would love to have that. Maybe if we can get enough people interested we could get them to do a second run!

John in VA

The Roundel on CD from Bentley is NLA.

z31maniac guest

Talk to "nando" on www.r3vlimited.com, he has a highly modded 325ix. Built stroker with full exhaust, GC coilovers, etc.

granthr

Thanks! :D