Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

E60 DIY Sat Prep Went Well

Discussion in 'E60 (2004-2010)' started by jonathonlorek, Jan 30, 2009.

jonathonlorek guest

After a bit of research and guidance from the web and this site i've finished my DIY Sat prep of my 04 e60. Everything is installed and she's off to the shop tomorrow to get programmed. Thank you everyone for the help and to anyone looking at doing this DIY mod, don't hesitate. Went very smooth.

dmould123 guest

It is a shame your dealer did not install it for you. I had mine installed for free and n/c for programming. The radio was 20% off MSRP as well.

jonathonlorek guest

Just and update. The install went well and things work perfectly and have been since i installed it.

djcwardog guest

Way to go! Now how about HD radio add-on?

I will be getting this done soon as well - along with the iPod kit for iDrive.

Maybe you would want to consider this option also if it can be backed up to the '04 cars - not sure there... I have most of the parts for HD radio and plan to ask the dealer to see if they can hook it up and program for me. I will be providing the latest part # of the IBOC tuner, both brackets and the antenna splitter. Rest of car as per sig below. Seeing as HD radio was an '07 option not apparently tied to getting Logic7 (my car does not have Logic7) I am hoping they can hook this up for me. Anyone else done it? Will it go along with sat radio and iPod kit - getting all three?

Thanks!

DJC