Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

2009 328i xDrive sedan

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by peripherique, Jan 28, 2009.

peripherique guest

Hello from snowy, icey MD!
    I ordered a 2009 328i xDrive Sedan on 11/28/08. Sure could have used it the last couple of days! Anyways, it wasn't built until 01/14/09. It then wasn't shipped until 01/22/09. BMW NA & BMW AG don't seemed very committed to selling cars in the U.S. right now.
    Anyone else having problems? Any information? Thanks

granthr

All I can say is that it takes time to build a car and ship. It has to go through various inspections and customs. Not to mention they probably won't send a half empty ship across the Atlantic, so with sales down I would guess it will take longer to fill said ship.

You can always buy a car off the dealer lot if you are in a hurry, but what fun is that? I would say it is worth the wait, considering you pretty much were able to build the car how you wanted it. You can't have everything yesterday, good things take time and are worth the wait.

BIMMIR guest

My 08 convertible was 33 days order to receive in the US last summer. What you are probably seeing is the effect of the factory shut down over the holidays as a cost cutting measure. I think they were down for 30 days? If so, you might have your car shortly, unless the shutdown backed things up, slowing it even more.
    Good Luck, it will be worth it once you get it. Your car will be a tank in the snow, depending on the tires. If you got the sport package, don't expect much winter traction. Many people, even with x drive, get a dedicated set of winter wheels and tires. Sure an expense, but it saves the cost of mounting tires twice a year. Also, each set only wears out half as fast.
    Enjoy

peripherique guest

Hi, Thanks for the info. This is my 3rd BMW & the other 2 only took about a month from order to delivery so I am experiencing some frustration by now. Thanks again!

peripherique guest

Hi, thanks for the info. This is my 3rd BMW & the other 2 only took about a month from order to delivery so I'm definitely feeling frustrated now. The cars on the dealer lots come with too many options. I only ordered heated seats, xenon lights & sat radio. Thanks again!

granthr

Let us know when you get it! :D

BIMMIR guest

I ordered my car for the same reason. The ones on the dealer lot were loaded with things I didn't want, and they were all automatics.
    I got a silver convert with a stick, black leather, brushed metal interior trim, heated seats and sports package. It was the way I wanted and THOUSANDS under dealer stock.
    You should have it soon!

pseto

congrats on the new purchase, you'll be happy once you do get it. are you doing Performance Center Delivery? where in MD are you?

peripherique guest

Thanks pseto. No performance center delivery - to difficult to schedule with work. Live in Howard County & work in Montgomery County.
    Take care