Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Which BMW to take?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Autohaus, Jan 27, 2009.

Autohaus guest

By the end of each day we will all be beat. We have never been at Animal Kingdom so we can't wait to check it out. Lines galore at Disney. I will have to get Fast Passes for the major rides. Last time we went we were on the Tomorrow Land transit where it takes you into Space Mountain and the lights were on. Pretty cool to see the track. Did you know that the max speed of Space Mountain is only 28 mph? By the time we get back, I will only have a little over a day to relax until its time to go back to work :mad:.

:(

granthr

Cheer up Chris, you know CR is just busting your chops. Besides he's just jealous he is not going on a road trip soon. :D

granthr

Whoa!! Chris, I like the new pictures you got there. Okay, I will have change mine too.

Autohaus guest

He is right. I am a wimp! Side note, I had to pick up my wife from work today because she is sick and has to take steroids for the next week. I need to take some of those steroids so I can be un-wimpy :D. 16 days left until the road trip.

granthr

Sorry to hear the wife is not feeling so well. :(

Hey, what rims do you have on your E28? Are they basket weaves off an E34?

az3579

His E28 is automatic. Have a different opinion? :rolleyes:
    (And if you don't change your stand I will ignore you. :p)

Ya darned right they are, and they look siiiiiiiiiick!

MGarrison

Indeed, Chris, cheer up and frown not - one day at an O'fest you'll have a chance to meet CR, and you will realize that in person he's not an online smartass, he's a genuinely enthusiastic, fun-loving, gregarious, outgoing, sincere, well-meaning, white-E28-biased & kind-hearted, teddy-bear of a smartass! :p ( I suspect you'll notice less smartassishness in person :p)

I did my _first_ O'fest TSD rally with CR, and he had me navigate! (remember, CR?) Despite my countless mistakes + misses, necessitating any variety of sudden stops, 180-degree turnarounds, etc. etc., CR was most gracious and kept his cool, despite the frustration of my newbie mistakes. I think it may have been in that white E28, too!

and in case you hadn't noticed, he's just a weeeeeeeee bit partial to E28's!

Disney - fun place. 12 years ago when I went there, I caught chicken pox. Ugh. Catching chicken pox as an adult is not.... recommended!

az3579

You obviously didn't get out enough as a child. :D

Autohaus guest

Wifey has been jumping off the walls since she has been on the juice. I told her that I would pitch to her so she can hit some homeruns. And yes, those are E34 basketweaves from my RIP E34 535i.

At least my E28 has a front spoiler :D

I know he was playing around. I put that sad face on when I was laughing. I should have put a smiling face up. We all know that the E28 is the best BMW ever created. BTW, I have met CR and he gave me the chicken pox back in the day!

As a child he was busy preparing for his BMW obsession just like all of us. I began at a very late age-18.

drummerfc

Indeed you will...and you'll sleep like a baby. Animal Kingdom is...OK...not as fun as Disney Studios (formerly MGM) or the Magic Kingdom. When you're at Animal Kingdom be sure to spend lots of time at Expidition Everest...WOW! Great ride. Fast passes are key...and if you don't care about riding with someone every time, here's a tip: use the single-rider line.

Fun thing about going this past Aug. is that my daughters were able to join me on the roller coasters and Tower of Terror. Last time we were there they were little and "It's a Small World" was about the most they could do!

Gotta LOVE the Aerosmith Rock 'n Roller Coaster!! My fave...

Autohaus guest

Last went to Disney summer of 06. Tower of Terror is great and so is the Aerosmith ride. TestTrack in Epcot was great too. My son can only ride a few rides since he will be two on our first day in the theme parks. They do have the baby swap option so he won't be left behind :). I guess we'll do Magic Kingdom first since the 16th will be his birthday and then do Epcot, Animal Kingdom and Disney Studios after. Could be in that order too. Park Hopper options are stupid because it takes a day to experience a theme park. Thanks for the tip on the Expedition Everest. I am not only looking forward to Disney, but the drive down as well. The drive back home will not be so pleasant :(

CRKrieger

Apparently, I've been 'outed'. :( So I had better set the stories straight.

• I absolutely remember that rally, Marshall. It was great fun. As a navigator, you had the great advantage over my wife of my not having to worry about sharing a bed with you later. :D It was not this white car (only had it 18 months), but I don't remember which O'Fest it was. I ran the '90 rally with my wife in the beige Bavaria. Was it Connecticut? If so, I had my white '86 4000 Quattro. It wasn't Florida in '92 for sure (same white Quattro, though) but it might have been Boston '94 (freshly repainted & monochromed white Quattro there). In fairness the 4000CS does look a lot like an E28 535is and even more like an E30 with the S package, since the rear spoiler is all white. Sadly, it has more driven wheels and less power than any of them ...
    • 'Smartass©' is always capitalized; and it is one word.
    • While a slushbox E28 might be acceptable for a long trip where little shifting is involved, you're right. Not a top choice. I've driven one, briefly. That's why all five I've had have been 5-speeds.
    • Word from the wife, who took our daughter to Disney last year (or was it the year before?): be prepared to bail on Disney for one day & do Universal as well.

Autohaus guest

UPDATE: I was laid off from my job yesterday so the trip has been cancelled! Please see my new thread in OT.