Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Lookin to buy an e30

Discussion in 'E30 (1984-1993)' started by missmelyssa, Jan 19, 2009.

missmelyssa guest

Brian,
    I commute to Concord everyday for work, through Marsh Creek.
    My dad lives in Danville and I used to work in Pleasanton.
    I actually looked at that red e30 convertible that's listed on vehix for $2k.
    Nice lady, but interior needed work, body had several dents, etc.
    Small world.
    I'll check out the autocross info.

CJ,
    Yeah, I saw it on bavauto as well. But I'm sure other sites have them for sale.
    I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

granthr

Melyssa I am glad you dealt with such a great seller. That is truely rare these days.

+2 on getting the Bentley Manual. Bav Auto, BMP Design, Pelican Parts, and others sell it online. Some big bookstore can get them, so you can try Borders or Barines and Noble.

missmelyssa guest

check

Grant,
    Yeah, we got a $300 check from the prev owner yesterday. Actually it was the father of the prev 24yr old owner. I still can't believe this kid was willing to part with this car and drive his parents' '06 Accord. I have a 6spd '06 Accord, and I enjoy it. But there's just something special with this bimmer. Been my DD for a week now. I can't wait until the weather is nicer so I can keep the top down all the time.

tpbradley333 guest

87 325is for sale 5spd

The master tech at our dealership is selling his daily d of a few years. EVERYTHING works, a/c, new timing belt h2o pump. New cap and rotor, tuneup etc. 5spd with nice red ext paint, tan int, 190k miles. I have 89 325i plastic bumpers if you want an update. Located here in StLouis MO, can be driven home to anywhere, mechanically perfect. asking $2,500 . Thomas 314-568-1478

granthr

Wow, that is great that they were willing to pay $300 for the cat or towards the cat. I don't understand wanting to drive a honda daily either. But some people see an older BMW car and all they see is an old car. They think newer is better. Really it is amazing how new you can make your E30 feel, by just taking care of the little things. New rubber suspension parts go a long way too!

Top down weather, I am jealous! We won't see that for quite a while here in the Northeast. I am counting the days to pull my M3 out of winter storage and the first area car shows. The Import Show at Carlisle, PA is pretty good. It is mid May and there is always plenty to see.

Sounds like a great car! I like the look of those first year 325is's.