Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Faded black vinyl

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Musikpro, Mar 18, 2008.

Musikpro guest

On my door window sill I have a small faded spot on the vinyl. The rest of the vinyl is spotless (not sure where this faded spot came from ). I've tried generic vinyl cleaner but it hasn't helped so far... Any suggestions?

330indy1

Zymol Vinyl..... the best!

seriously.... get it / not even GG vinyl and rubber care is as close to being as good. The Zymol is NOT cheap though.

Musikpro guest

not cheap is an understatement!!!!

You weren't kidding!!! Ohh well... hopefully it will be worth it... I will post some before and after pics.

mjweimer

+1 on the Zymol Vinyl.

Yes it is not cheap but you do not need to use a lot of it to get great results so a bottle will last a long time.

Matt

330indy1

Zymol Vinyl description and use...

Heat, cold, washing and exposure to solvent-based cleaners and run-of-the-mill treatments damage the finish of your vinyl upholstery and vinyl trim. Some vinyl manufacturing methods use formaldehyde as the base. Introducing solvent or formaldehyde-based treatments can accelerate vinyl deterioration by changing the original chemical balance. zymol Vinyl Conditioner is a solvent-free, formaldehyde-free, oil-based feeding product that releases solvents and restores moisture in all vinyl and plastic components.

Directions for Use:

1. Remove all loose dirt from the vinyl or rubber trim. Wash soiled vinyl with warm water and mild tallow soap, such as zymol Clear.
    2. Warm the vinyl or rubber trim using a household hairdryer or by leaving it exposed to the sun for 10 - 15 minutes.
    3. Shake zymol Vinyl slightly to mix.
    4. Apply zymol Vinyl evenly with a dry zymol terrycloth or Pre-Wax Applicator in small, even amounts with firm pressure.
    5. Let it stand for 20 minutes.
    6. Wipe with a damp cloth.
    7. Buff gently with a zymol Towel to a dry lustre.

Ingredients:

Contains Lemon Seed Oil, Apricot Kernel Oil, Sesame Oil, Cetyl Esters, Cetyl Cocoamide (derived from coconut oil), Cocoamide, Lecithin and Xanthan Gum.