Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

European Delivery - Pay in Euros

Discussion in 'European Delivery' started by bikeman195, Mar 17, 2008.

bikeman195

Hi -
    Odd question du jour. I'd like to buy a new BMW for European delivery, but pay in euros because that's where my funds are. Does anyone know if/how I might be able to do that?

Thanks,
    Jim

Jonathan Spira guest

That would be up to the dealer but I would presume they would prefer dollars.

You can also instruct your bank to wire the euro equiv. of the dollar amount of your deal.

330indy1

Does ED still save you money, since the dollar is weak?

just wondering...
    not to mention lodging, meals, fun money, and air fares factored in, as the trip now effectively costs more as well....

Jonathan Spira guest

The trip costs more but if you are going on a holiday anyway, it will cost more regardless.

My understanding is that the car is paid for at the dealer you ordered it from prior to you picking it up. I heard of an instance where the dealer was playing the float and the customer had to wait two days until the dealer wired the money. I guess what I am saying is that the money goes to YOUR dealer in the states-not from you to BMW. So I don't think paying for it in Euros over there is viable.

Jonathan Spira guest

I have to cast a bit of doubt on the story of the customer waiting since BMW doesn't get paid for cars one by one. Standard operating procedure is that BMW debits the dealer's account on the due date AFAIK.