Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Caravan to Vintage in the Vineyards 2009

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Region' started by TeamStowell, Jan 3, 2009.

TeamStowell We love driving!

Five months and counting girls and boys! There are and probably will be other threads discussing this event over in Show-n-Shine land, so this one will discuss the topic of the Nor'easters who are traveling down below the Mason Dixon Line in May. We may have four or five cars heading down from the Albany NY area starting on Thursday. Anyone else heading South?

az3579

I might go if it's not too late to reserve a room in about a month or so...

Autohaus guest

Those 5 months will fly by so fast. I have to get the 528e long distance ready if we were to go. Full tune up, tires, timing belt (pulley, w/p) and a new gas tank. Its all about timing and money so hopefully it will be ready to go by then.

One Hundred and thirty seven days left...

Timing and money is everything. Our 635 replacement seat fund was just decimated by the need for many new suspension components in the 540. I'm going to have to go out and snow blow some driveways to try and make up the $1400 that we just spent on it. Being a responsible keeper of the marque was never easy!!! :p

The time draws near....

Less than a month until Vintage in the Vinyards. If anyone is planning on heading down on Thursday, we have a caravan starting in the Albany NY area at 8:30 and landing in the Martinsberg WV area on Thursday evening. Please contact me if you wish to travel with us. We took the two 2002's and the 635 out on a 4 hour shake down run today with no issues and several quick sprints. It finally felt as though spring had come to the northeast, although we could still see the snow up on the mountains.

New seats are due to be delivered within two weeks, and the only projects hanging out are checking for valve adjustments and maybe a new short throw shift kit.

Yes they did! We now have 9 days until we are wheels up (thanks Bill Williams!) and heading down to NC. Seats in Thursday, mats in Friday, maybe I can sneak a radio in without breaking the budget! Don't tell Beverly :eek:

John in VA

1 people like this.

Caravan Thread

Thanks for the link John. I wasn't thinking about others heading down from other parts of the Northeast, so maybe they will be able to hook up with some of the other caravans.

Good Karma to you!

az3579

Well, V@V is pretty much here (this week) and I'm flat broke. Oh well.

So close yet so far...

I am facing a work schedule which keeps shifting. One day I have three "can't miss" meetings running as late as 5:00 on Thursday, and then the next day they all get moved and I am clear to go! I won't know if we are heading out until the day before, and even then if there is a possibiIity that I may be needed Thursday or Friday I would not travel.

It is tough being a responsible cog in the company machine, but being useful may help when promotion time comes around. I need fiscal support for my BMW addiction.

It's a go for TeamStowell and Vintage in the Vineyards

We're packing the six and heading south!!!

Looking forward to meeting up with all our bavarian brothers and sisters this weekend. If anyone is heading down from upstate NY Thursday morning and wants to drive with us, please contact me and we will give you the details.

granthr

I wish I was going!!! :( Maybe next year! Have a great trip.

az3579

+1

Have a nice trip, see you next fall! :rolleyes: