Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Bimmer Newbie

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by missmelyssa, Dec 17, 2008.

mackmorrowjr guest

HI Guys, I too am new to BMW.I have owned a lot of German cars before so I am use to the "we are nuts" label. Have a 550 I . It has the night visionand most other options. Very happy so far. Does anyone know of any particular concers or problems I should look for or be aware of? It is an 07 model year. THANKS, MACK

drummerfc

Having the same problem myself...I just joined yesterday. I verified my membership...let's see what that does.

drummerfc

Testing...
    • Staff

steven s

All fixed.

drummerfc

You are awesome!! Thanks very much...

missmelyssa guest

Did you notice that both of our Join Dates say "Jan 1970"?
    I wasn't even born then.

Bimmerdan

And you have a "Rep Power" of 40!! That's pretty impressive!!! :D

missmelyssa guest

I know...pretty funny.

I'm on here, and that's all that counts.

CRKrieger

Cannot wait to see Steven fix this one ... :rolleyes:

pcbeckwith

...and I was born a little before that.

pcbeckwith

as a matter of fact, I started volunteering as a corner worker at Nelson Ledges that year.

Bimmerdan

So what you're saying is, you've already gotten your invitation to join AARP...:D

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Welcome to the asylum. . .

Good morning, all!

I just about spewed coffee out of my nose when I read:

WHAH! Yes, I think you might say that. . . .

We are like a big box full of little boxes, a tabernacle divided into many, many cults. Talk to some M3 fanatics sometime, and mention "the real M3." Even the Old School members-that is, the Old School of the Old School-have their schisms: round-taillight 2002s versus SQUARE-taillight 2002s. . . and 2002s versus everything else.

You've already been indoctrinated with the Secret E Language, in which nobody refers to their cars except by the E-codes. And it's funny: Every new generation of BMW designs has been met with derision by those who love the previous designs. The biggest shift came in 2001 with the 7 Series, whose "design language" filtered down to the 5 Series and 3 Series models-and was eventually copied by virtually every manufacturer.

That 2006 330i that you passed on, by the way, is one of the most interesting of the new-generation (E90/92/93) 3 Series: It was the only 3 Series car in the US to get the N52 engine in full 265-horsepower form; the next year brought the 335i and a 328i that ran a detuned version of that engine, somewhere around 215 hp.

Sorry. When you join the BMW CCA, you find yourself surrounded by a bunch of loons who know all kinds of trivial stuff!

:D :D :D

Autohaus guest

I got a trivial question for you Satch:

True or False:

E39 heated seat switches are the same for the 1998 and 1999 models :D

pcbeckwith

Yep, also had a tough decision as to whether I should buy the bimmer or one of those scooters you see at Wal-Mart. Not enough gears on the scooter, too top heavy and people won't get out of the way. I think I made the right decision. The nice thing about it is my kids don't know how to drive manual transmission and my wife does but she refuses. Kinda selfish of me, ain't it.

CRKrieger

... not to mention the 'tii Snobs' who figure any '02 without a fiendishly expensive belt-driven injection system is worthless except for spare body parts.
    ... and "American Idol" is the most popular TV program in the US. So what does that tell ya?

If you don't know yer E code, you might not even find the best online resources for your car since all the best forums are named for 'em. One of 'CCA's newest 'affiliated organizations' is the cyber-group, MyE28.com.
    Pffft! You're apologetic about that? It's what makes us so charming. :D