Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Bimmer Newbie

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by missmelyssa, Dec 17, 2008.

missmelyssa guest

Since 2001 I've eyed the e46 and wanted it. But I never bought it. I've gone through many cars and trucks during the past 7 years. Drove several Honda's, which I still think are awesome. And now, I decided to stop playing musical chairs with my cars and finally got a bimmer. '06 325i - Sparkling Graphite.

So now I'm here to learn more about these beautiful machines. Teach me!

granthr

Welcome to the club! Great car you have there, but it is not a Honda. So if you are going to keep this one for the long haul. Routine maintenance is key. You must go above and beyond what BMW is currently doing. Don't go 15K on an oil change. I would suggest at least 7.5K, although I always change at less than 5K. Change the trans and diff oil every 30K. At least every two years change the coolant and brake fluid. I do my brake fluid yearly. Nice hard petal all the time! I am a little OCD on my routine maintenance, but this is what BMW use to suggest. I love working on my BMWs and it is very rewarding to know they are in top running condition.

Enjoy your new car!

GR

Autohaus guest

Welcome to BMW. Granthr pretty much covered it up. Don't forget to wash it weekly :)

granthr

Yes how could I have forgotten! Wash it weekly, by hand, mind you. None of this auto car wash business! :D Are you sure you wanted to join this club? We are a bit nutty. :D

Welcome and enjoy the car! You will love it.

GR

Autohaus guest

Nutty doesn't even begin to describe it. Our new member will think we are obsessed with no lives :D

EuroWerkz1

Nuts for sure

Yes, nuts for sure, but you are also among friends, and truly a bunch of great people!

Bimmerdan

You say that like it's a bad thing....:p

Autohaus guest

Meant to say it in a good way. I guess we scared the new member away :eek:

granthr

Here we go again where the OP never comments again! Please OP let us know you are still here! :)

GR

Autohaus guest

I'm telling you. They see how we are and they not only walk away, they run :(.

az3579

Or maybe they're like me; register for a forum, post a couple of times, and forget about it. I can't count how many forums I've done that on, but by looking my post count, I don't think that's the case here...

... probably because I feel right at home along a bunch of other crazy nutters. :D

Autohaus guest

Pretty soon they will make you a moderator. OP, where are you?

az3579

Well, you ruined my posting habits, so I don't think becoming a moderator will happen. lol
    Because of you, I make so many more useless posts. It's all your fault!

As for the OP, well... she'll have to ask questions to get taught on whatever she needs to know...

Bimmerdan

Or.........we only teach her what we WANT her to know......:D:D

Autohaus guest

First off, the OP made the right choice by obtaining a BMW. I wonder if its a 5-speed steptronic or the 6-speed manual trans.

az3579

My money's on the Slushtronic seeing as the car is probably used. 90% of used cars that I see are auto's here and it makes me sick!

Autohaus guest

You gotta have faith in the OP :)

az3579

But I do Chris... I am slightly changing my stance on auto's.

I still wouldn't drive one every day, but for those who don't actually go to the track (ever) with their car but still want that "nippiness" that a BMW provides and at the same time feeling no fatigue from stop-and-go traffic due to shifting, or on long trips through rural areas or cities wants a comfortable ride, then the slushbox is still OK for that. Just don't try telling it what gear you want because then it will throw a fit with you. :D

Autohaus guest

Whenever I drive the xi or the eta, I miss shifting gears in my E39. Please OP, don't go away (or maybe you have already). Just great!

Autohaus guest

missmelyssa

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since 2001 I've eyed the e46 and wanted it. But I never bought it. I've gone through many cars and trucks during the past 7 years. Drove several Honda's, which I still think are awesome. And now, I decided to stop playing musical chairs with my cars and finally got a bimmer. '06 325i - Sparkling Graphite.

So now I'm here to learn more about these beautiful machines. Teach me!

missmelyssa

I smell Nigerian scam. How come no BMWCCA avatar?????