Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

I may die this Sunday

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Autohaus, Dec 16, 2008.

Autohaus guest

So I finally sold my bottlecap wheels and tires to a guy for $150 who lives about an hour north of me on Craigslist. He wants to meet maybe this Sunday morning 1/2 way (more like 3/4 for me and 1/4 for him) so I will hand him over the set while he hands over $150. However, he mentions that he isn't too familiar with the Kingston exit off of the NYS Thruway and said, "Can't we just meet on the side of the thruway"? I'm like, "I'll meet you in the parking lot of Johnson Ford, which is right next to the toll plaza. I'm thinking the worst case scenario:

As Chris removes the wheel/tire set from his car, John (buyer) attempts to push Chris in front of oncoming traffic.

Besides, a trooper will certainly stop behind us if I was dumb enough to agree meeting at the side of the highway. He claims to be restoring a 84 633csi which is all fine and dandy, but I would much rather meet either at the Ford place or pull over right after the toll plaza. Am I over exaggerating?

granthr

No you are not over exaggerating. Pulling over on the side of the highway is/could be illegal not to mention very shady looking! The state troopers will probably think you are on a drug run. Do the exchange in an open businesses parking lot just off an exit. Fast Food, gas station, etc. Good luck.

GR

Autohaus guest

Thanks. That is what I was thinking. I should bring a shotgun partner with me. LOL at you saying drug run, but its true! In this day in age anything that everyone can think about could/should/would/will happen.

94is guest

[IMG]

Autohaus guest

What picture was that? Doesn't show at my computer at work :(

CRKrieger

In that case, you should immediately tell him you have a venereal disease. That way he won't rape you.

Autohaus guest

View attachment 1183 Your a pistol!

94is guest

Maybe this will work?

[IMG]

Autohaus guest

Delroy Lindo? lol

az3579

LMFAO!!!

So sad, but so true...

Buyer: "So do you have the wheels? "
    Chris: "Yes, but I have a venereal disease so no monkey business!"

I would laugh my arse off if that was to unfold!

Can't you agree on a time for Saturday? If so, I could ride with you...

Autohaus guest

The guy said Sunday morning would be better.

az3579

Well, if you offer me a fantastic drive to/from the meet point then I'll gladly tag along!
    My newly "renovated" E30 will thank you very much in advance. :D

Autohaus guest

It would be Sunday morning. I guess we could do that. However, another guy inquired about them and if he could meet up/pay me before Sunday, I'll give it to him and tell the "rape guy" (LOL) that I took them off the market.

Autohaus guest

Ha! Another buyer close to me is gonna meet me tonight for the rim/tire set. No raping on me :). Though I fear if I ever went to jail, my dance card would be filled every night :(. LMFAO

EDIT:

To all who never seen me before, I look like Sloth from Goonies.