Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Bav Auto Discount?

Discussion in 'DIY (Do-It-Yourself)' started by Devilsown, Dec 15, 2008.

Devilsown guest

I was wondering if we got a discount a bav auto. I just joined "the club" about a week ago and am still waiting the stuff in the mail.

Thanks

Autohaus guest

No discount. Alot of people say that they are overpriced. My advice is to search online for the same parts they sell cheaper elsewhere and they will price match it. Bimmerparts.com and vertexauto.com are usually cheaper than Bavauto. I mostly use Bavauto because the parts arrive at my house usually the next day or two and they are reliable IMO. Welcome aboard.

TeamStowell We love driving!

Although the missing discount is a bit disappointing, their customer service is exceptional. They have a very knowledgable staff who can assist with many questions we encounter. They are owners and lovers of the marque, and it is a big benefit when you find yourself stuck.

mac townsend guest

well, I've only bought small stuff. and 2 of the 4 items bought so far were wrong or defective.

my thought is they do not support (or know) the older cars as well as they claim to. (mine's an 84 325e)

alotawatts

+ 1
    Replacement for left front bumper rubber bellows(corner) mismolded - bad fit.

Autohaus guest

Sorry for your guys misfortunes. I have been dealing with them for about 10 years. However, I just remembered that they never sent me a $22 hose for my E34 535i way back in 2002 when I ordered a complete radiator hose kit. That hose was on back order but I never got it. Think it will be too late to claim a refund after 6 + years? :eek:

granthr

I have used BavAuto, BMPDesign, and my local Dealership. Most dealers do offer a discount and so does BMP Design. Sometimes the dealer is not so far off in price and no shipping charge!

I think with the of ever rising costs to manufacture things, we are going to continue to see cheaper quality parts. I ordered a new kidney grill for my E30 and I was disappointed to find the "Chrome" was plastic and not metal. The Kidney on my car is metal. So now I am looking for a nice used metal kidney. Anyone have one they want to sell?

GR

John in VA

BMPDesign offers a BMW CCA discount. Let Bav Auto know the price from the competition and give them a chance - maybe they can match it.

Autohaus guest

Have you tried a junk yard? You might get lucky with a car that was hit from behind or the side.

They will price match up to 30 days after purchase. I have called back and told them that ABC or XYZ company has this and that part cheaper and they will credit my credit/debit card.

Devilsown guest

Thats good to know... I might need to make a call

fun2drive guest

BavAuto

I have used these guys for over 10 years and at times they are a little pricy but other times spot on. I have purchased maybe 12 liters of Esso tranny fluid from then when no one else that was online had the stuff without going to a trans shop. Good price. I do order from them around 3 times a year and help friends out with their cars too.

I do use Autohausaz out of AZ and have for years as well as the dealer, Pelicanparts, bimmerzone and other so shop around but these guys know their stuff. Turner is great for performance stuff too.