Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Hello from NYC

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Solidjake, Nov 24, 2008.

Solidjake guest

Hey guys, I'm Jake from Queens, NY. I bought a 2002 330i non sport package with 81k miles for 10k$. I am extremely happy with the car. You might have seen my around bimmerfest and e46fanatics. Here are some pics. Mods that I have done are clear corners, clear side markers, LED tail lights, black oem leather shift knob, vinyl wrapped my wood trim, red gauge needles, valentine 1 hardwire and a few more small things

az3579

Since you live in the city, I'll forgive you for having an automatic. :D
    j/k

Seriously, very nice find for $10k. Perhaps I'll see you around at chapter events since you're pretty close. What chapter(s) do you belong to?

Solidjake guest

hehe, I can't forgive myself :( ;) I had to get auto because family still drives the car occasionally.

I'm part of the NY Chapter.

MFarisE39 guest

Sweet deal. I paid 9k for a 99 540 with 105k.

az3579

I can't believe New York has three chapters!

Honestly, I wouldn't drive a manual in the city... or at least not in THAT city. NYC is friggin' ridiculous. That's why I'm saying it's OK to have an auto in the city!

Solidjake guest

thats good

lol, i didn't know. so where do you live?

az3579

Bridgeport, CT. Next state over. :p

Solidjake guest

ah ok. is that in west ct? right by ny?

az3579

Southwestern, it's considered. I can get to Queens in about an hour if traffic is OK.

Solidjake guest

thats great. we gotta meet one day.

btw, im ordering led angel eyes now!! :D

az3579

Methinks the CCFL ones look better. With the LED you can see the individual LEDs but with CCFL, the halos look solid instead of "dotted" if you know what I mean...

But hey, some like the look of LED. ;)

Autohaus guest

Welcome aboard! Nice E46. You should meet up with Botond, myself and a few other BMW guys who love to go for long drives. We'll probably do another one in around 3 weeks from now. Botond, I'm thinking we should give Muraah and Steve a call for Sunday December 13th for another great cruise :D

az3579

How about... YES!
    You should definitely come along Jake. That's assuming you like to drive, of course. ;)

I'm pretty dedicated to these... I drive over an hour to Chris' house, then whatever distance to the meeting point, then we have a drive that can last anywhere between an hour to two hours, very rarely more than that. Then I drive home another 1.5-2 hours, depending on where we end up.

To me, that's a fantastic way to spend a Sunday, but to others, I am crazy!

But Chris, we should probably start doing some of these on Saturdays, IMO. I just don't like coming home when it's dark thinking "damn, I have to go to work tomorrow". Sunday does make more sense, but I just can't shake that feeling!

Autohaus guest

Your right. Saturdays would be better because I'm just like you about the whole, "Gotta go back to work tomorrow". I hate Mondays :mad:. BTW your not crazy, your insane just like me when it comes to BMW's, drives, etc...:cool:

az3579

No, I'm crazier, because I drive my sorry arse to your house every time, which is a 1.25-hour drive. :eek:

And it's a boring drive, at that!

Solidjake guest

sunday is the 14th. i wouldn't mind going. where is it again?

Autohaus guest

It would be Saturday the 12th. We would meet at the Newburgh water front. I haven't notified the other bmw freaks about this yet. So time TBD.