Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

What's your favorite bimmer model? What's #2?

Discussion in 'E30 (1984-1993)' started by stevehecht, Nov 12, 2008.

stevehecht

I'll take a wild guess and say that most folks in E30 forum have a preference for it. I'm curious what is your runner-up if the E30 is #1? My #2 choice is the Z4 coupe.

Elkoholic

The 135i convertible. Only because I can't fit in the Z's...

MGarrison

hmm.. based on styling, I'd probably say.. 507, then 327, then 3.0cs, Z8, E24 M6, M1, maybe even the Bavaria (E3's)

Not that I don't love the look of E30's, (I do), but E30's are so boxy, I doubt they'll go down in the automotive history books as a styling classic compared to the swoopier models already mentioned (E3 Bav's excepted of course). I think an appreciation of E30 styling is a bit of an acquired taste, not unlike scotch, gin, or bourbon. Enough exposure, and eventually you like it, maybe a lot! (except it's a lot easier to like E30 styling than scotch or gin - yick!).

granthr

I would pick the E24 6 series. I love the elegant lines of these cars and have the classic BMW look. And the motors were great! I would love to have an M6 someday.

GR

CRKrieger

To live with? E28 (non-S38 3.5 liter 5-speed)

To look at and lust after? 507

joe30

E30, 2002 & E38 for the love of boxy German styling

M coupe has grown on me as and alternate (Z3 orZ4)

Autohaus guest

All you people are way off. The X3 is the best looking BMW hands down. That was a Monday morning prank. I would say 507.

# 1= 135i # 2= e30 325is (I'd also take an M3:))

az3579

ZHP 330i for me. I love the design so much, and is in my opinion, the best looking BMW 3er ever made. The interior is based on the E39, which is the best looking interior I think.

The outside is all business. The body panels that differ from the regular E46 look much better but aren't ricey in any way. It's how a sport sedan should look, and is what the E46 M3 4-door should have looked like if they were smart enough to make it.

I have a 2nd and 3rd favorite, but if they're 2nd and 3rd, then they can't really be favorites, now can they? :p

Autohaus guest

Its possible to shove the S54 in a 330 ZHP. Then you would have a 4-door E46 M3. The E46 also takes cues from the E38 since the E39 took cues from the E38 interior wise.

granthr

A couple years ago at a chapter picnic a guy showed up with a 330i ZHP with an S54 in it. It was a great car! I would love to have one of those! :cool:

GR

az3579

That would actually be my "budget-less" project car if money was no issue. Ah, a 4-door ZHP with an S54 in Japanrot on Black... I'm getting goosebumps!

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Favorite BMWs: an impossible decision!

Horses for courses, I think! Any track rat would probably put the Z4 M coupe at or near the top.

Horsepower junkie? The 5.8-liter Dinan S3 M5. (Oh. My. God.)

History? Prewar 328.

Pure aesthetics? 507, hands down.

All-around practical do-anything car that will embarrass an M3? 335i four-door.

Guilty pleasure? Z4 M roadster. VERY guilty, BIG pleasure.

Autohaus guest

That car is sweet. I saw one on the way to work this morning :D

MGarrison

Unless you don't fit in it! - @ 6'3" (without helmet) I can't get myself snugged into the seat without having to tilt my head half-sideways! Gr8 lookin' car, tho!

Autohaus guest

I did drive the Z4 coupe during the Susan Komen Drive For The Cure and I felt comfy in it and I'm only about 5'8.

Brian A

Maybe I've just drunk too much of the Scotch flavored Kool-aid, but I love E30s.
    +1. Maybe that's it: different cars are "favorite" for different purposes. The E30 is a car I can drive without fear of losing it; I can park it where I want; drive it how I want, modify it how I want. I couldn't live with myself if I wrecked a 507. I love looking at 327s, 328s and 507s; I think they are the most beautiful BMWs made.

If I DID lose my 1987 325i convertible, I might seriously consider an E46 M3 convertible. If I lost my 1991 318i sedan, I might seriously consider an E36 M3 sedan. A critical factor would be whether or not I could DIY repairs on them like I can on an E30. I like my cars to look nice, but I don't wash them a whole lot: maybe that is the test.

ruprectgern guest

E9 or 507
    what else could there be?

CRKrieger

This:

[IMG]

eam3

#1 would be an E24 6 series (preferably a Euro M635CSi). #2 would be an E28 M5 (US spec is just fine).