Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Chris' Boring Podcast

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Autohaus, Nov 12, 2008.

granthr

Okay Chris where is your daily blog? We are going to hold you to this daily thing that you committed too! :D

GR

az3579

[IMG]

There. Does that mean I work for BMW? :p

Autohaus guest

Ok, ok you got me. On the way to work this morning, I saw three (thats right, 3) E39's. Never had that happen. One was a pre-facelift 528i. The other two were facelifts 530i and one like mine, the all mighty and most powerful E39 in the world-the 525i (I wish).

Smart@$$ :rolleyes:. Botond, if you worked for BMW, then you would have made me CEO of BMW:)

az3579

Nope. But I would have you fetch me an M3 to go to work and home in every day. :D

You seeing 3 E39's doesn't top what I saw in early October going home from work. 3 Bimmers, first in line an Alpinweiss 5-door 1-series (I swear to God it was a 5-door), second a facelift E90 sedan (which hasn't been released at the time), and an ordinary, but brand new 650Ci.

And, driving home from work today, the new F01. It was dark, but it was so distinctive by its taillights, you knew it was a BMW. I crept a little bit closer and had no doubt in my mind it was the F01. The rear lights, when on (but not braking), have the sides kind of curve upwards a bit, as though it was a smile. It looked exactly like this:

[IMG]

Autohaus guest

That rear end looks better than the previous 7er. F01....LOL. I bet BMW will skip the "F14, 15, 16, 18 codes because they would be bumping heads with the military. I believe, however, those planes are OOC.

granthr

Where I work I keep seeing a round tail light 2002 parked on the street. It is in great condition and looks mostly stock. I don't know how someone can keep this parked on the street and drive it every day! :eek: It needs a nice home in a garage. I want to talk to the owner, but I have never seen them. I should put info about the BMWCCA on their windshield.

Pretty much the only BMWs I see on a daily basis are new 5s and 3s, some e46s, but that is about it. On a occasion I see this guy in a great E30 87 325is and very rarely this guy in a clapped out e21. ("clapped out" is the technical term for POS:D)

GR

Autohaus guest

I hardly see any E30's on the road. I only know of one E30 I see a few times a month. He drives a 1987 325e and is from CT. Its a mystery who this guy is. He mentioned about obtaining a non BMW car. Botond, what up wit dat :confused: