Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New member--135 owner

Discussion in 'E81/E82/E87/E88 (2004-present)' started by MastaMind, Nov 11, 2008.

atrhugo

Hey, I resemble that remark!

az3579

*psssssst* ... It's resent that remark... ........ ...... ! *psssssst*

Come on Satch, I may have just had my 20th but I'm not a geezer! Don't generalize everyone here mate... surely you can find plenty of us "youuuung whippasnappa's" to bring that average age stat down! :p

Bimmerdan

Thank God I'm not the only one that feels that way!! Fortunately, this site has the same feel that 1addicts USED to have. People here are genuinely friendly and helpful and are here because they enjoy it, not because they have something to prove.

It's really great to see all you guys over here!!

MastaMind guest

Well, look who's here!

Yup, it does have that vibe that 1addicts used to have. Now, we just need more frequent posters :D

Bimmerdan

If we can get the word out and get some of the other regulars from 1addicts to move over (and leave the irregulars behind), I think the volume would pick up pretty quick.

atrhugo

Geez, and I wouldn't have to moderate. That means I could be a smart aleck again. ; -)

Oh, one other thing of note - it does not appear that you need to be a BMW CCA member to have a login. (Though it never hurts.)

Bimmerdan

Hmmm...I don't remember that ever stopping you before... :D

That's true but it does seem like this site really only attracts true enthusiasts of the brand. The "inner-city gangsta/posers" that Cody referred to seem to be a rare occurence on here fortunately.

MastaMind guest

Alright then, we should spread the word.

az3579

What, people like me don't post enough? :rolleyes:

MastaMind guest

Oh no, you're doing your part! ;)

However, this forum does move a bit slow...but hopefully we'll get some more members.

granthr

Botond, I do believe you have the most posts here! :D So yes you are doing your part to promote BMW Goodness! Keep up the good work! :D

missmelyssa guest

LOL.
    Botond and his witty remarks.

I'd be on here more if work wasn't so hectic. But I should be happy that it's busy.
    I'm embracing all the fun and info everyone's putting out there.

MastaMind guest

Well, my CDV shipped out yesterday, so I hope to get it by the end of the week. Unfortunately, it's supposed to snow several inches on Saturday, so the CDV and exhaust (if it comes in) install will probably have to wait.

Oregon

You're gonna' like the CDV delete, just be sure to cap off the hydraulic line immediately after disconnecting from the CDV.:cool:

Enjoy your exhaust as well.

Cody

az3579

Almost a year ago, it was reeeeeeeeeeally quiet on the forums. We've gotten lots of new members, but I personally think that the rate that posts are made on this forums are ideal. Why? Because it allows me to read every single new post every time I visit the site and not have to reread a million other posts that came in since I last read those threads. More specifically, I'm glad it's not as busy as Bimmerforums, to be honest, but it's busy enough that if you leave for about 10 minutes, someone would have posted.

MastaMind guest

Thanks, I plan on clamping the line before I remove the CDV in hopes of minimizing fluid loss. I hear that method works out quite well.

Is your gearbox still excessively notchy?

I can definitely understand that perspective. Unfortunately, I can't stay away long enough to make that work :D

I'm thinking this is the place to be a part of a community, and 1addicts is more of a technical resource at this point. You just gotta filter through all the BS.

Oregon

Notchy as ever though it's tolerable, gives the car character.;).

Cody

missmelyssa guest

bimmerforums

I do find bimmerforums informative, but they do have A LOT of posts.
    I actually haven't checked it lately, so there's probably about 1000 posts I haven't read yet.

az3579

Notchy is good! Just think, without notchy, it would just be weird to drive a manual. It's kind of like my Logitech G25 wheel for gaming; the gearshift has no feel to it and I'm starting to hate it...

MastaMind guest

I really hope we're on the final stretch of winter. I opened the door to my 1er last night just so I could smell the leather (I treated the leather before I put it up for the winter).

My wife looked at me like I was a freak. :mad: