Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

How to make your BMW haul @$$ w/o getting in trouble with the cops

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Autohaus, Nov 11, 2008.

Autohaus guest

On the way to pick up my son from my fathers after work yesterday I came up with a crazy idea. I figured out a way how to maximize the performance, balance and excitment of your BMW in a pinch. Since it gets dark at 5pm (stinks) I was approaching my dad's house when a car was driving with no headlights on. I flashed my highbeams twice. Now, we have all probably heard of the Bloods/Crips "entrance fee" is to drive around with no lights on and they are supposed to "murder/death/kill" the person who flashed them. Now, I don't think those members are near me (I hope :D), however, have you guys ever encountered a car on the road at night with no headlights, flashed them and think about the consequences it could be? Then you have every right to make your BMW into your ticket to staying alive. They probably have POS cars. I doubt they would be driving in something that is quick and handle the way BMW's do. If you highbeam a car and they turn around, then its time to haul @$$ and show them how a BMW performs under pressure while dialing 911. Call me nuts but you never know what can happen to anyone at any given time.

az3579

You, my friend, have way too much time on your hands.

Autohaus guest

Exactly. I only do one thing at my job :(. No other work to do besides my job description. However, I get paid a decent salary so I can't complain about that. Also, I do less work now compared to when I worked at BK HS senior year. Making me work 100 mph and getting paid $5 per hour was no fun :mad:

az3579

How could you work 100 miles per hour? How is that possible? Please explain to me while I get comfy in my favorite chair, because this is going to take a while. :rolleyes:

Autohaus guest

Back in 12th grade I worked for Burger King on the specialty board. I was in charge of making the BK Broiler (now extinct), BK Big Fish (I think its extinct) and the Chicken sandwich. They would tell me, "Chris! We have so many orders and you need to hurry up"! I was working as fast as I could and still it didn't please them. So I had to work 100 mph :mad:

kingtiger guest

Protect your property

I was born and raised in upstate NY. I have lived in the South since I joined the Air Force and went to Viet Nam. Now I live in Tennessee. If anyone, anyone, threatens you in this state and you have a valid concealed weapons permit, you are legally entitled to insure they are not capable of threatening you twice.

bcweir

I'm sure its nowhere near that "cut and dried" or that simple

Otherwise the death rate in TN would have skyrocketed by now.

I happen to be ex-law enforcement, and I know you can't just shoot someone because you "felt" threatened and for no other reason.

Hope you have something a little more solid than "paranoia" to prove your reasoning for gunning someone down. Your first step is proving you were actually threatened or that you had valid reason to prove your life was in danger.

The police are probably going to do more than just clean up the mess you made at the crime scene.

Autohaus guest

How in Gods name did this thread come alive? I cannot believe I posted this in the first place. My God, I am crazy.

az3579

And now you realize this... :rolleyes:

I can say that may upcoming trip road to Atlanta will now be routed to avoid TN. Sometimes, the information posted to the forum is invaluable.

Autohaus guest

It would have been a disappointment had you not posted this.

M3Driver guest

As was said in one of my favorite movies......harrumph!

Headly.........................

superdave2002 guest

Ky is an open carry state. It's legal to walk down the street with a firearm strapped to your side. (I wouldn't recommend it in downtown Louisville.) But it's legal, as long as it's not covered.
    Carrying in your car is a bit trickier. Your piece can be loaded, in the trunk, in the glove box, or in plain sight on the dash. Not on the seat, or in the console.
    There was a case a year or so ago where a woman shot a motorcyclist in the chest because she felt threatened by him. Seems there was road rage involved and the cyclist approached the woman's car at a stop light. The woman was later charged, only because apparently this was her third incident with similar circumstances.
    SO............ just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Most of us in Kentucky take our right to bear arms seriously.
    I personally won't live in a non-carry state. If that makes me a red-neck, OK fine.:p

M3Driver guest

"It's not *Hedy*, it's *Hedley*. Hedley Lamarr.
    "What the hell are you worried about? This is 1874. You'll be able to sue *her*.

kingtiger guest

Read the 'castle doctrine' laws for Tennessee and Florida, for example. Your 'castle' is extended to your car as well as your personal space and no we do not have a skyrocketing murder rate. Evil people are no longer so sure of a victim as you can't be sure who is armed or not. We do have a lot of shot bad guys though.

I am not a fan of shooting others. I would rather have a weapon and never use it than wish to God I had one when I really needed one. I have no political agenda here whatsoever, just the facts. I am an ex military man and that in itself makes me no expert on this subject. I am quite certain I have fired more rounds than most any ex law enforcement guy though. Quite certain.

M3Driver guest

I had a friend who was National Guard SF who taught tactical shooting to police officers. I was suprised when he told me that that cops were typically lousy shots since they didn't toss as many rounds down range as military guys do. He said sometimes they seemed insulted when he would start with the basics (removal of side-arm from holster on a repetitive basis) but pretty soon they figured out he was right.

Pyewacket1

Last year, on a Sunday afternoon, 2 dudes decided to rob a small group of folks sightseeing downtown. Unfortunately for them, one of the women was an FBI agent, and she plugged one of the thiefs. His associate abandoned him and he bled to death in the car late that day.

M3Driver guest

A women with a Sig; now THAT's the ticket.....:D

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Well, huh!

Am I the only one curious about where this conversation is going. . . and why?