Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Chicago Detailer Recommendation? Zaino?

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Zahnarzt, Nov 6, 2008.

Zahnarzt

Greetings,

I've been on a search for a detailer in Chicago for a while now that's worth the price of admission. So far, I've been to a number of car washes that offer detailing services, but based on their regular washes, they all seem to be rather hit or miss.

Has anyone had any good luck with a detailer in the metro Chicago area that warrants a recommendation?

Has anyone come across a detailer in the area that uses Zaino products?

Thanks in advance.

:D Rick

Schalldampfer1 guest

You may wish to check our local forum www.chitownm.com. There are a few guys that do private detailings and are said to do a great job. They always post pictures of their projects. Sign up on our site and ask for other's opinions.

missmelyssa guest

I just started using the Zaino products during Thanksgiving.
    I've used it twice so far. I like it.
    I bought one of the kits and look forward to washing/detailing my car.
    I feel weird about carwashes and don't trust them not to scratch my car, so I always wash my car myself.

stl2chi

Preacher's Auto Detail
    1058 Lake St
    Roselle, IL 60172
    (630) 351-8804

Family owned, christian business. I have used them on all my cars for 10 years.....

Outstanding work. Reasonable prices. Very small shop... Need appointments.

-STL2CHI
    Now: 2006 330xi
    Before:1988 L6

JerseyGeorge guest

Zaino is a great product line and I use it! It's a NJ product so it was developed for use in harsh enviroments,,,,,,,,NJ winter=SALT! The Z-2 and Z-5, Z-6, Z-8 are required products for my vehicles!

lazyhillranch guest

How does Zaino compare to Zymol waxes? Anyone have experience using both?

epbrown01

Zaino isn't a wax line, it's a line of synthetic sealants and coatings with gloss enhancers, so they last longer and provide more protection than Zymol or any other wax. On the downside, they provide less warmth and depth of shine. I don't know of any professional detailers that use the Zaino line; then again, I haven't heard of any in the US that use Zymol either.

Zahnarzt

lazyhillranch guest

Zaino detailer

While I lived in the Bay Area, I detailed cars and used Zaino products exclusively. You are lucky if a carnuba based wax lasts 4 or 5 weeks. The polymer based polishes such as Zaino will last six to nine months. It all depends upon the UV exposure. Zaino polish will not leave white crap on rubber trim pieces either. In fact, applying it to rubber trim (and the black B pillar) .will prevent UV from turning the rubber gray. Their Clear Seal product is amazing. My 10 year old E39 looked brand new when I sold it a year ago.

I now live in Thailand and I am still using Zaino on my new 320d. Sal Zaino won't ship to Thailand however, so I had to make alternate arrangements for product acquisition. It's worth it.

Cheers
    Steve Albrecht.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

When Steve says do it, just do it!

Hey, it's Albrecht! Now I got to buy me some Zaino!

For those who don't know him, Steve A. was a Golden Gate member who did detailing for the concours fanatics. MANNNN, what a pain in the patootie! I am glad I know such people, because they are plumb loco-and when they say, "Use Zaino," you know it's because they have already worn out most of their fingers coming to that conclusion!

Now what do I do with all this Griot's stuff?!