Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

BMW CCA Premier Membership

Discussion in 'Premier Membership (discontinued)' started by az3579, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    • Staff

steven s

A portion of your membership fee goes to your local chapter. There is no additional fee unless you wanted to join another chapter.

RichBroughton

Service offer

Did this email go to all members or only those in certain states. I did not get it in NC
    • Staff

steven s

It went to all members with valid email addresse some time ago.
    • Staff

executive director

Hi,

I am not certain what you are referring to in your post. If you will provide me some addtional details I will be happy to get back to you. My personal e mail is frank_patek@bmwcca.org or you can call the National Office M-F 8:30-5:30 PM ET. Our number is 864-250-0022.

Thanks,
    Frank

192321 guest

Is this a NEW BMW Service Card?

I hate to resurrect this thread... but is this another 'change of service' like the Credit Card?

I have had a:

BMW Service Card
    A Roadside Assistance Program of Cross Country Motor Club

http://bmw.crossscountryperks.com/

I believe it is $65/yr, and offered by BMW of North America/Cross Country Motor Club.

Bill
    • Staff

executive director

Membership Plus

Bill

Membership Plus is actually a new service being provided by BMW CCA. Your Crosscountry Perks plan appears to be something offered through BMW NA. Unfortunately, I was not able to access the website, for whatever reason, to explore it further.

Our program will cost you $58.00 for one year and will cover you and up to four members of your family living in the same household.

Thanks for your question!

Frank

geosar guest

I just joined the car club and opted for the Premier Membership for the one year. Do we get a packet or information regarding the services obtained for the extra 58 dollars? I am wondering about the medical discounts and other services offered.
    Thank you

George
    Arizona
    • Staff

steven s

You will get additional information with your Premier Membership card.
    Cards are sent out weekly.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

One more thing to remember when comparing plans

One of the reasons the Club went with this particular roadside-assistance company is that they scored high in consumer surveys. Probably the most common plans used by BMW CCA members are AAA and BMW Roadside Assistance. The big question is always who shows up quickly and reliably when you're stuck at the side of the road! Apparently the plan we're using for the Premium Membership---or whatever it's called---scores at or near the top of those surveys.

My only hesitation is the free towing limit of 25 miles. But then, the last time I needed a flatbed, I was in the middle of British Columbia, blowing up my rally car. . . :eek:

baggins

just renew

I'd like to renew but I can not get past the "premier deluxe" screen.
    Is it possible to renew a regular membership online?
    The only options I get are to sign for the towing plan or to get more info about it!
    • Staff

steven s

Either call the office or send me a PM with your name and membership number.
    Also, how many years to do you want to renew for?
    • Staff

executive director

renewal

I don't have your name or membership number available to check why you are being taken straight to the Premier Membership screen. Please call the office today and we will take care of your renewal for you.

Frank

jsgorman guest

Really Unacceptable Service

I signed up for the Premier Membership to cover my wife and I for our trip from Minnesota to Florida. My fee cleared my bank 2 weeks ago and I haven't gotten anything on the service via email, phone or mail. Trying to find anything of value on this website is also not an option. After some determined searching, I found a phone number online for the partner, but they had no record of my address/membership.

I tried to call the BMWCCA offices, but they bailed early today (Wednesday afternoon at 1:30) and won't be back in the office until Monday.

I will be cancelling on Monday, and couldn't recommend this service to anyone.
    • Staff

executive director

Jonathan,

By now you have been contacted by our office, per the e mail that you sent to me at 1:57 PM today, right after you posted this message. We had not "bailed" but instead were here working and had you left a message in my voice mail I would have picked up your call and responded even sooner.

I am sorry that we were not able to get you your Premier Membership card earlier but it was mailed and is on its way to you. Whenever you have a matter that needs attention you need not wait so long to contact us. We are here Monday thru Friday and here to help you.

We will work to make the site more intuitive but we like the personal touch here and enjoy speaking to our members. Please always know you can call.

Frank

CMPNS8N guest

Friends of BMW? - and RSA

With my premiere membership I saw a benefit called "Friends Of BMW" but I can't find anywhere on the site I can access the list. From what I see in a few posts here, and info external to this site.. the list is in a BOOK provided twice a year, or perhaps by dealers when they sell you a car (if you guys even knew they did that.. are they just copying it?)

Anyway, my looong trip starts on the 9th. I don't plan on having problems but with the recent issues along I-40 I'm just wondering now.. plus coffee might be nice- taking a real live 8-series on the southern route from AZ to DE.. first stopoff at Roswell.

I will call the main office Monday, as I've seen suggested for others' issues.

Oh, and in context of a few posts above.. the deciding factor for my signing up for the BMWCCA was the family coverage in the roadside program.. but now I see this in the rules:

"Coverage: Is extended to member, legal spouse and dependent children living at home and for vehicles registered in their names only."

As part of my longtime career I must read and be wary of contract language.. sometimes people write things that end up qualifying as extremely crafty contract language, or extremely crafty marketing language.. but in fact they are just writing with none of this in mind.. and to a 'contract reader' it means one thing that may not be the writer's intent.

To my question: is it:

"Coverage: Is extended to member, legal spouse and dependent children living at home and for vehicles registered in any covered person's name, while occupied by any of these covered persons."

Example: ALL of my household cars are registered to ME. (10. 5 tagged) are all of my family covered no matter what they drive? None of them will be driving cars registered "in their names only". I'm not signing a few cars over to the 17YO just for RSA.. I'll have to reactivate the cell-phone RSA I cancelled... rather than find out "on the spot" that she really had no coverage. Putting the entire family on each title isn't attractive to me. Certain cars have certain functions and we switch-off. Hauling, pleasure, motorsport, work, overnight-parking, snow, many passengers.

or is it:

"Coverage: Is extended to member, legal spouse and dependent children living at home as long as said vehicle is occupied by a covered person and is registered to that specific covered person"

whereas, none of my family is really covered because all the cars are in my name.

Final fringe question... my tow vehicle breaks down.. my trailer has the race car on it.. which is registered and tagged and insured in my name. Will 2 wreckers be covered and will they make me take the racecar off the trailer (it's not disabled after all)? I'm sure there are a ton of members that fear this situation- DOUBLE towing charges when a non-street legal racer is trailered.. wether the tow vehicle OR the trailer goes broken.

Trust me, I've got multiple RSA coverages.. just want to make sure this one really applies.
    • Staff

executive director

Friends of BMW

Friends of BMW is a listing of members published by the Club. To receive Friends you need to agree to publishing your name in the directory and to volunteer to provide some type of assistance...even if it is only a good ear to CCA members who might reach out to you during their travels.

The Roadside Assistance program provides coverage to you and your dependents. It is not tied to any particular car that you or they drive. However, if you find you need someone to title one of your bimmers to feel free to use my name. ;-)

You raise an interesting question about two wreckers being sent for your tow vehicle and one for the vehicle you are towing. It is a question we have not confronted yet and would be best answered by calling the customer service line on the back of your card.

Frank

CMPNS8N guest

Thank you for the clarifications!

As for the titles..well since you asked, I'll put you in line. None of the others ever laid a wrench on any of them, or offered to.. so you're exactly as deserving ;-)

TigerDave guest

I recently upgraded to the Premier Membership when my AAA membership expired.

I just wish I could use the BMW Assist button in my 2004 M3! Any ideas as to why BMW CCA and BMW USA each use different roadside assistance methods/companies?

BMWCCA1

Uhmm, because the two entities are unrelated??

BTW, is your Assist button even working? After four years you have to pay an annual fee to keep the service.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.