Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

BMW CCA Premier Membership

Discussion in 'Premier Membership (discontinued)' started by az3579, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

az3579

I had a hard time placing this thread in the correct forum, but this is as close as I could get it.

I got an email today from the CCA saying that there's a new program called "BMW CCA Membership Plus" or something like that. It sounds good and dandy, but the cost wording is a bit confusing.

Let's take the one year fee for example. BMW CCA Membership (Standard) is $40/yr. BMW CCA Membership Plus is $58/yr.

Now, is that $58 on top of the regular membership or is it total $58/yr.?
    I ask because it's my understanding that AAA is like $70 or so a year, so $58 on top of the membership is a bit steep (if you take into account the membership dues) but is completely reasonable if you don't count the membership dues as part of this "program".

BMWtoyz guest

I got the same email and I too found it poorly written, as I am not quite sure how they are figuring the additional fees for Road Side Service. It does not matter to me as I only pay $7.00 per month for Roadside Assistance through my insurance company.
    • Staff

executive director

Pricing for Membership Plus

If you wish to purchase one year of Membership Plus the cost is $58.00 and that is in addition to your $40.00 membership fee in BMW CCA for a total cost of $98.00. Two years of Membership Plus costs $109.00 plus $76.00 for your BMW CCA Membership for a total of $185.00. Three years of Membership Plus costs $163.00 plus $112.00 for a total of $275.00.

A two-year Membership Plus election will save you $9.00 over the annual cost of membership and a three-year election will save you $19.00.

As you compare these costs to AAA please remember that our program covers you, a spouse and up to three children living at home. AAA only covers one person. Of course that won't matter if you do not have a spouse or children at home.

Your normal BMW CCA membership fee provides 12 months of Roundel and membership in your local chapter. A portion of your annual membership fee also goes to your local chapter.

If you have additional questions about Membership Plus feel free to call the office or visit http://www.bmwcca.org/index.php?pageid=mplus-info

Thanks,
    Frank

BMWtoyz guest

My roadside assistance from my insurance carrier covers my cars regardles of who is driving them and covers the wife and I in any car! Can't beat that for seven bucks a month, well per car (so I spend $21.00 per month)
    • Staff

executive director

So like you have a good deal. Particularly if the other ancillary benefits are not of use to you.

Safe Driving!
    Frank

Manny D guest

Membership plus towing

I could not find anywhere where it says anything about how many miles of towing we get. Or how many times we can be towed. So, can anyone answer this for me?

az3579

Also, if I don't have a spouse or children, then I supposed that means family members aren't covered?
    • Staff

executive director

You are correct.

arinaldi guest

Emergency Roadside Assistance [BMW "Plus"]

TOO MANY DETAILS ARE ABSENT FROM STATED E-MAIL LISTING SPECIFIC TO
    Emergency Roadside Assistance, eh, Frank?

Smart consumers don't purchase blind or with scant information.
    • Staff

executive director

Smart Consumer...Smarter CCA Member!

I like the way you think! I hope this cut and paste comes through on here in a fashion that is readable. If not I will be happy to send you a copy. We will make this available on the website as well.

Frank

Terms and Conditions of Roadside Assistance
    1. As a member of Towbusters, You will not be required to pay any additional fee or sum in addition to the membership fee when your service is for a tow of 25 miles or other covered service that does not exceed the benefit limit of $100.00 per occurrence.
    2. Your membership continues until expiration or cancellation by yourself or Towbusters.
    3. All 24-hour roadside assistance services are provided by Nation Safe Drivers with corporate offices at 800 Yamato Rd Ste 100 Boca Raton Fl 33431.
    4. This is not an automobile liability insurance contract.
    5. This is not an automobile physical damage insurance contract.
    6. Service obtained from any other source other than Nation Safe Drivers is not covered and is not reimbursable.
    7. 24-Hour Roadside Assistance: You must call 1-877-269-6558 for your 24-hour emergency roadside benefits. IMPORTANT: Please be with your vehicle when the service provider arrives, as they cannot service an unattended vehicle. NOTE: Only one (1) service per seventy- two hours and five (5) free services per year.

a. Towing - Provided for up to 25 miles at no charge to member. Additional mileage is the responsibility of the member and will negotiated prior to sending out service (extrication is excluded).
    b. Emergency Road Service - Any available contracted road service that is needed to get your vehicle running (i.e. hose replacement or tightening of cables or belts etc.)
    c. Essential Fluids or Supplies Delivery - Including gasoline, water, oil, or any supplies necessary to send a member's car on its way (member responsible for actual cost of fluid or supplies requested).
    d. Flat Tire Changes or Repairs - Includes changing a flat tire with your good spare or plugging a punctured tire.
    e. Emergency Battery Service - Includes tightening or cleaning of cables, jumpstarts, minor adjustments to alternator etc.
    f. Lockout Services - Lost keys, broken keys, or accidentally locked out of your vehicle, we will send a locksmith.

Coverage: Is extended to member, legal spouse and dependent children living at home and for vehicles registered in their names only.

The following items are not included as part of the emergency roadside assistance benefit: Cost of parts, replacement keys, fluids, lubricants, or fuel, cost of installation of products, material and additional labor related to towing. Disconnecting or reconnecting drive shaft. Non-emergency towing or other non-emergency service. Trucks over one-ton capacity, taxicabs, limousines or other commercial vehicles. Towing from a service station, garage or repair shop. Towing by other than a licensed service station or garage; vehicle storage charges; a second tow. Service on a vehicle that is not in a safe condition to be towed. Towing or service on roads not regularly maintained, such as sand beaches, open fields, forests and areas designated as not passable due to construction, etc. Mounting or removing of snow tires or chains. Towing at the direction of a law enforcement officer relating to traffic obstruction, impoundment, abandonment, illegal parking, or other violations of law. Repeated service calls for a covered vehicle in need of routine maintenance or repair.
    In the event of damage due to fire, flood or vandalism: Cost related to physical damage due to fire, flood, or vandalism are normally covered under your vehicle insurance. Nation Safe Drivers will assist you when you call our toll-free number, but you will have to pay for these services and submit your bill to your insurance company or agent as a part of the insurance claim.
    Reimbursement for Covered Services: Reimbursement is provided when a covered individual contracts service on their own from a licensed service provider in the business of providing such services. In the event you should contract service on your own for any covered service and pay for the service out-of-pocket you may submit your original receipted roadside expenses for reimbursement consideration to Nation Safe Drivers. To obtain reimbursement claim forms you may call toll-free 1-800-338-2680 or send your request in writing to Nation Safe Drivers 800 Yamato Rd Ste 100 Boca Raton Fl 33431. Maximum reimbursement for services not obtained through our network is limited to fifty - dollars ($50)

SERVICE PROVIDER NETWORK
    Nation Safe Drivers operates through a network of contracted service providers who have arrangements with our dispatch to perform road and towing service for Nation Safe Drivers members. As independent contractors, they have exclusive control over their own equipment and personnel. Nation Safe Drivers is not responsible for their acts or omissions.

$1, 000 Accidental Death & Dismemberment - This plan will cover injury to eligible participants 24 hours a day 365 days a year for covered accidents occurring anywhere in the world on or off the job, at home or while traveling. This benefit is paid in a lump and payable to your estate.

Hit and Run - In the event of a hit and run involving a car registered to a member anyone providing information to law enforcement agencies that leads to the apprehension of the perpetrator is eligible to apply for a $500 reward. Members or members family are not eligible to eligible for a reward.

Emergency Trip Expense Reimbursement - If your covered vehicle is disabled by collision more than 150 miles from your residence, as a member you may qualify for up to $300 in emergency trip expense reimbursement (maximum of $100 a day for up to 3 days (72 hours). In the event of a collision or accident with another vehicle or object (reported in writing to state or local police), while your covered vehicle was being operated by you or a covered family member, and which occurs more than 150 miles away from your residence and results in an accidental disablement of your covered vehicle, you may reimbursed for one or more of the expenses listed below if incurred within 3 days (72 hours) following the accident. NOTE: Mechanical failure of your covered vehicles is not covered by this benefit.
    1. Commercial transportation (by common carrier licensed to carry passengers for hire) to your residence or destination and return to pick up your disabled vehicle after repair.
    2. Local commercial lodging and meals (incurred in the vicinity where the collision occurred).
    3. Rental of a replacement automobile obtained from any bona-fide car rental agency.
    For reimbursement of expenses listed in this section, you must submit a claim to Nation Safe Drivers, within 21 days of the accident disablement, which includes your name, membership number, mailing address and a bona-fide copy of the filed accident report. You must also include paid receipts validated by the companies providing you service.

JCampbell

Wait, you are paying $84/year for each of your three cars, right?
    one year of Membership Plus is $58.00

...unless I misunderstood something the Membership Plus is quite a bit less for more benefits.

jingai guest

Do the benefits extend to associate members as well?

-j
    • Staff

executive director

Associate Members

Associate members would be covered. For Club purposes we require an Associate Member to live in the same household as the primary member. In vitually all cases this means that the associate member is either a spouse or child.

Since Membership Plus is a family plan this should provide coverage in your situation.

Frank

75BMW2002 guest

You get all of that with AAA - PLUS all the discounts that AAA offers such as lodging and attractions. Personally I do not see it as a bargain
    • Staff

steven s

JCampbell

My AAA family membership is a lot more than $58. :confused:

75BMW2002 guest

Yes my AAA Family is $92 but when you consider the lodging discounts I receive, it makes it a bargain in comparison. If all I wanted was towing, this program might be better.
    • Staff

executive director

Travel Discounts

Membership Plus extends discounts of up to 30% off on 7500 hotels, motels and condos worldwide. I believe it does require some advance planning when traveling...not always convenient when you want to just get in the car and drive. ;-)

Frank

Jeff Gomon South Central Region Vice President

I must say, to each his own in this area. We all will find different percentages of perceived value compared to what we currently use, or not. I think the really positive message that everyone is perhaps missing, is that this is a NEW program that was not available in the past to members. I appreciate the efforts of the National Office to pursue such programs because some members may not currently have such coverage or discounts in place. Further, being a member of the CCA, allows you access to this coverage and should be percieved as an other "benefit" of Club Membership.

Everyone's situation is different, so stick with what works for you.

I know this coverage is less expensive than my current AAA Plus, and more people in my family are covered. Trip routing and planning service were a huge benefit of AAA in the past and were well worth the cost. With travelocity, Orbitz etc. as well as Google Maps and GPS's, that task is pretty much self serve. I would, however, lose some towing distance coverage, but not any of the coverages such as lockout, flat tire etc.

As an aside, also watch for the upcoming BMW CCA Credit Card offer that will be coming in Roundel, and with all New and Re-newing membership card mailings. LOTS of benefits with this card ,and you can have it printed with a photo of your own Car, or whatever, on the front.

Just my $0.02

missmelyssa guest

I paid my normal membership fee of $40. The local chapter for me is Golden Gate, but in order to become a member I need to pay an extra $15. Am I missing something?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.