Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Black Horse Garage Open House, Bridgeport CT 10/26/08

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by lcjhnsn, Oct 27, 2008.

lcjhnsn

Who would have guessed that there was a top dollar automotive restoration shop in the middle of the 'hood in Bridgeport?

This place was incredible. There were a gaggle of Ferraris and another gaggle of the much more proletarian Porsches on hand. But only 2 examples of the Blau Mit Weiss!

They wouldn't allow photographs upstairs of the original 1934 SS1 that they are restoring for a conspicuously unnamed "customer". I'm talking, this is the documented FIRST sports car built by the Company that would later become Jaguar!!

Check here for my pictures

http://www1.snapfish.com/share/p=231271225160898997/l=431997115/g=90409580/c

and here for theirs www.blackhorsegarage.com

Hey Botond, your friend from the show last weekend was there asking if you were going to buy his e30 :)

az3579

I couldn't make it. I didn't know how much longer the nice weather was going go last, so I spent that time washing and waxing my car. What a PITA it was, but worth it.

I really wanted to go too since it was so close, but I had to make a choice; wax the car before the winter or go to a show? Hmm...

It's a bummer too because I wanted to see if he brought along his E30...

I don't even have standard contact information, just a business card with only a business phone number. I definitely wouldn't be calling during business hours. Hell, his name isn't even on it. You wouldn't happen to have anything, would you? :confused:

lcjhnsn

Sorry, I never asked his name, but I didn't see any e30s there.

az3579

Actually, I found his card and it even has his cell phone on it. Greeeeeat. :)
    Though since it's low mileage, he'd probably sell it for a lot. I forgot if it's auto or manual...

You could've stopped by while you were in Bridgeport. :p
    I was frantically trying to rub off the wax that had dried a bit faster than I had expected. Stupid me, I did the whole car and THEN started to wipe it off. D'oh!

Is there another event that you know about?

lcjhnsn

Nope, I don't know about any other events this year. I think we're done until next spring. Unless we throw on snow tires to do some winter rallying. But that's what I own a Subaru for.

az3579

Winter rallying? You serious? Where??? :D

lcjhnsn

I wasn't really serious, but it shouldn't be too hard to find something in New Hampshire and/or Vermont through the winter. Check the SCCA website.

I think the Boston BMWCCA Chapter does ice time trials on various frozen lakes (assuming the local lakes actually freeze this year.)

I think I remember seeing info that CART (Connecticut Autocross and Rally Team) does winter/snow autocrosses in New Britain CT too.