Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Wheel Repair

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by CCFaes, Oct 17, 2008.

CCFaes guest

I have an '07 328 and there's slight damage from curb rub to the wheels. What is the best method for repair. I've researched several sights and repairs range from companies that leave the wheel on the car to ones that remove them and fill gouges by welding. Any ideas?

BMWtoyz guest

It all depends on how bad the damage is. I recently wanted the mild curb rash repaired on my M roadster wheels, but due to the trouble matching the "shadow chrome" paint a local refinisher polished the lips of the wheels instead. It really looks great and goes with the shadow chrome paint.

granthr

I have never used any of them, so I don't know the quality of there work. But there are about three advertisers in the back of Roundel that fix and repair wheels.

GR

granthr

Is this the same finish that is on the E39 M5 wheels. That is such a great finish, but it seems like no one can replicate it. That is too bad! :(

Polished lips look great though.

GR

ctm309 guest

Try RimPro.com up in Mass. They have a great rep.

Jeron guest

Wheels America claims to be able to replicate the "shadow chrome" paint. They described the technique and difficulty during a BMW club tour of their facility.

I cant vouch for them because they didn't have an example available.

BMWtoyz guest

I am not sure but it may very well be, same problems refinishing. The polished lips have grown on me as well, thanks!

Jeron guest

Yes, the E39 M5 rims are "shadow chrome".

I'm a fan of polshed lips as well. It seems like a good solution.