Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Ext Warranty on Airbag Recall

Discussion in 'E46 M3 (2001-2006)' started by HoustonScott, Oct 14, 2008.

HoustonScott guest

I think BMW is extending warranties for the recalled airbag cars. That should include the M3 because they have the sport seats. I suspect that my 2006 M3 will have the warranty extended because of the recall on the passenger airbag recall, to 6yrs 100K miles. Can anyone confirm this, and has anyone asked, I was reading in the latest BMWCCA issue that you have to ask for the extended warranty.

Scott

BMWguy206 guest

Does not apply to your 2006 E46 M3.
    Only the following:
    * 2006 3 Series with sport seat
    * 2004-2006 5 Series with with standard and sport seats
    * 2004-2006 X3

HoustonScott guest

My point is in your first bullet; My M3 is a 2006 3 series with sport seat!

Scott

BMWguy206 guest

OK sorry I wasn't detailed enough but the article does not tell which body styles the vehicles are affected.

A friend of mine that works at the dealer said there is a service bulletin recall for the X3 only. There is a bulletin for the E60 5-Series with the same issues as the X3 but it's not a recall. There's also a bulletin for the E90 3-series but it's not a recall. There are no bulletins at all pertaining to the E46 models. They all deal with the passener seat mat detector which is a direct input for the passenger side airbag.

He also said BMW could put out a new bulletin for other models but right now it's only the X3.

I highly doubt your 2006 E46 M3 is affected though since they still retain in older SRS system than the E90, E60, and E83 models.

Check your PM box!