Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

is it fair to say,,, YAWN!

Discussion in 'E85 Z4 (2002-2008)' started by 330indy1, Oct 14, 2008.

330indy1

az3579

Oh come on, that thing is disguised to the teeth! How could you say YAWN... :p

330indy1

here you go

I bet it will be a heavy, iDrive-laden, haus

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

M3Driver guest

I wonder how well the new M3 V8 would fit in it.....:D

330indy1

i am sure they'll do it.

i think a V8 would fit in the current z4...

az3579

Didn't you get the memo? That's what all new BMWs have become and will be from hereon. :rolleyes:

So at least savor the looks... the front headlights look bigger, which is one thing I was sorely hoping for. The current headlights are just too small and look really weird.
    The arse lights were beautiful though. :D

Autohaus guest

Does it got a Hemi? LOL......

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Hey, he poked me in the eye!

I BEG your pardon?!

See, that's why they have different designers do different cars: One's person's elegant derriere is another's Bangle Butt. Of all the Z4's quirks and foibles, this is the first time I've heard anybody complain about the lights!

:D :D :D

Jeff Gomon South Central Region Vice President

Looks like that is a removable hard top. Or is it a folding hard top convertible? I see a seam half way back on the roof. Also a rear wing window, is that new? Not super familiar with this car. I agree, the headlights look like the larger adaptive Xenons. The rear view look a bit wider and more rounded off. Hard to tell with all the camo, but am still a fan of this car, especially the MZ....and especially when it is on the track!!

az3579

I'm sure someone has complained about it. I mean, when it first came out, I was thinking to myself "what the hell were they thinking with that front end?" I still don't like the front end very much, but have learned to love the overall design. The rear end is fantastic, in my opinion, but the front just doesn't look right. The lights are too small compared to the huge nose of the thing...

330indy1

hmmmm
    can't agree at all.... the front of the z4 M is very nice/// has aged very well.
    no weaknesses IMHO

330indy1

OK, we're getting closer folks

[IMG]

BIMMIR guest

"the front just doesn't look right. The lights are too small compared to the huge nose of the thing..."

Maybe the camo tape is hiding part of the headlight design??

It looks like it is doing that in the rear?

I think I read somewhere that the top will be a folding hardtop.

az3579

No, I said that about the "current" (not anymore) Z4.
    That new one looks absolutely fantastic! The lights are a bit too E90'ish, but looks great nonetheless.

BIMMIR guest

Gotcha - I agree.
    I did like the rear of the z4 in some colors. The angular design. We thought about a Z3 this fall, but decided against it. (already have a convert)
    If there are any Z3 fans out there, I can hook you up with a one owner 2001 with 11,800 miles. Black with black top, tan leather, 5spd. It's excellent and tight. I drove it.
    He's asking $19 k.

If anyone is interested, let me know, I can direct you to him. It's in Maine but he has a website.

TMQ

By now everyone has seen the new photos. I'd say the new Z4 is terrific. The design is very well integrated. The interior is also very nice.

Everything good except the sDrive name. I guess xDrive and iDrive isn't enough.

granthr

S Drive, X Drive, I Drive, sounds like the different computer storage servers I use here at work! :eek: What is BMW going into the computer storage business?!! I think marketing has too much control over there! Does anyone know, are these names used world wide or just in the NA market?

GR