Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Drove the X6

Discussion in 'E71/E72 X6 (2008-present)' started by Autohaus, Oct 14, 2008.

granthr

Botond I agree with you. I think what is happening is everyone (meaning car manufactures and people buying cars) is trying to be "different". Kind of like trying to keep up with the proverbial Jones. So car manufactures are coming out with these weird models.

In addition Americans in general have always liked large cars and probably always will. Our roads and parking places allow for large vehicles unlike Europe which has tiny city streets and tight parking places. Unfortunately our favorite European manufacture is continuing to bow to the American taste (it all started with cup holders) and making these behemoths. :(

bcweir

So you're saying if YOU can't wrap YOUR lifestyle and needs around it,

......there's no purpose for it and no reason for it to be sold?

Wow, thank GOD you're not in charge at BMW!

They'd be down to one model, in only one choice of color.

granthr

Just the opposite. I believe in simpler is better, I am not saying one model. We have way too many choices in this country and it does equate a better quality of life. If fact it reduces the quality of life.

BMW currently makes three different SUVs (or whatever the marketing people call them) with more models planned. Do we really need this many BMW SUVs? It just seems BMW is trying to be all things to all people. And that road doesnt' end well, just ask GM and MB.

bcweir

Then why not just put BMW out of business?

Since the vehicle doesn't fit YOUR lifestyle and YOUR needs, it shouldn't be sold? Too many choices? That's an awful lot of people you're putting out of a job.

Wow, I'm thankful not to live on your monochrome planet!

I ENJOY diversity, particularly here at the BMWCCA, and I'm thankful the club is run by people that appreciate that. We've got everything from motorcycles and Isettas to full blown and full grown 7s and X6's.

Maybe we can make your world a little happier by eliminating some other choices. Like all those "excessive" amendments in the U.S. Constitution. Pick just one that can stay instead (but just remember, you have to let EVERYONE enjoy it, not just yourself). How about just ONE car company? Just ONE brand of gasoline, motor oil, etc. Just one place where you can buy parts for our cars (just imagine what that would do to the prices of all of the above).

Anyway, I am clasping my hands, getting down on BOTH knees, and thanking GOD that someone that shortsighted isn't in charge of making the rules for the rest of us.

granthr

Boy you sure are easily offended aren't you. You are really missing the whole point here. I guess you won't be happy unless we all agree with you, huh. Funny you are the one saying it is great we are all different. Yet you get so mad when someone says something YOU don't agree with.

Good day.

bcweir

Actually I was impersonating YOU. What do you think?

Nah. Not a very authentic impersonation because it didn't sound sufficiently tightfisted and intolerant.

You're not exactly the first intolerant that's come out of the woodwork saying "well I don't think BMW should sell this, or I don't think BMW should sell this, blah, blah, blah."

Fine. You spoke your dissertation on how intolerant you are. Now the rest of us are going to get back to enjoying our cars. Cars you'd like to see banned, taken off the market, etc.

Like I said, I'm glad you're not making the rules. I certainly much prefer the cooler and more rational heads that make those decisions.

Actually I understood your point perfectly, but just to make sure, I'm going to check the sign on the door. Yup, public forum. Check. Freedom of speech. Check. In fact, the only person I found who can't stand a dissenting opinion is yourself. Wow.

So what YOU are saying is that you can say something negative, oppressive, self-centered, and small minded, but none of us can say anything to disagree with you? Like what I am doing right now?

I hope this doesn't upset a manic-oppressive (no I didn't misspell that) like yourself, someone who feels the need to ban anything they cannot exclusively benefit from, but the world would be a pretty boring place if the only vehicle permitted to carry a Roundel were all black E30's, which is essentially what you are proposing.

Jeez, what if I wanted to carry more than four people? Comfortably? What's your solution? Walk? None of us have any alternatives because YOU banned them all!

granthr

Really, name calling? And actually walking is a good solution. Done. :cool:

tiFreak

am I on bimmerforums? :confused:

az3579

I don't think so; there's no cursing going on. :rolleyes:

granthr

Sorry guys, I got carried away with this one! :(

Mr. BMW

You Guys Are Too Funny!

All these posts for the most part are to funny to even justify a realistic response, nonetheless I respond to cater to the BMW Enthusiast and Potential BMW Owner of this 'Niche' piece of work!

1. It's not meant to be practical.
    2. It's not meant to be green.
    3. It's not meant to be a sedan or anything else for that matter.

It is a piece of art work on a standard or M-tized setup for those who want something different in the model line up based on the characteristics you all try to fit it in...

It suits a purpose for those who do not need a 'Truck'. Don't need a 'Sedan'. Don't need a 'Coupe' BUT wants something that give you a little of all three; ergo X6!

Enjoy my friends.

granthr

These are old threads, lets start a new one. :cool:

MGarrison

Aww, c'mon, here's the perfect opportunity to hijack a thread and endlessly branch it off into ever-more unrelated and completely meaningless blather without even the remotest possibility of offending any of the original thread participants, and you're not even going to take advantage of that opportunity?? :p

So.... what's everyone want for Christmas?? :D

M3Driver guest

You know, I was trying to come up with a witty reply and it failed me so I'll just leave it at this:

I'm blessed to have a good job, great family, and good friends so I don't know what the heck else I need. (OK, well, Santa if you're listening...a new set of 4 Michelin PS2s WOULD be nice....:rolleyes:)

To all my BMW CCA brothers (and sisters): Season's Greetings, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and any other greetings I may have overlooked. I always enjoy our back and forth banter and typically learn a few things in the process. :D

wbdamron

X6

I drove the X6 before buying a 2011 V-8 X5. My immediate preceding vehicle was a 2007 GMC Yukon Denali and I wanted something smaller, yet more performance based. In Kansas, AWD or 4x4 is needed throughout the winter and I prefer an SUV for the weekend trips to the skeet fields. I known the purists would rather BMW stick to motor cars and not lower themselves to the SUV market. I, for one am glad they have entered the field. Financial realities require a major manufacturer to have an SUV... Leave it to BMW to create 3... And make them all unique and in demand. Besides, it's people like me buying high profit SUV's that allows companies like BMW to sell cars the purists prefer...

Don't like it, don't buy it.

WBD

Satch SoSoCalifortified

The real purpose of the X6

As I stated in my first driving test of the X6, it is designed to make bullies of us all. It is the ideal vehicle for GRILLING THAT ##$%! PRIUS IN THE HOV LANE.

Make than an X6 M.

granthr

I must admit the Hamann X6 is pretty rad.