Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

October 5th Norcal UFO Autocross Pictures

Discussion in 'Autocross' started by Arash2002tii, Oct 9, 2008.

Arash2002tii guest

Just thought I'd share the pictures of me in the most recent autocross. http://www.steve510.com/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=84&pos=400

All credit goes to Steve Harris of Norcal UFO. I'll post results once they're up, don't expect them to be good, I was way overclassed. :(

P.S. Don't you just hate the drifters at the autocross who manage to get double the time of everyone else and hit every cone on course too? i just wish they'd ban drifting there already. :mad:

az3579

Hmm... I didn't see any orange M3's there. Were you even there? Or were you in the 2002?

Arash2002tii guest

Whoops. Probably should have said that I brought the 02. Didn't think it might cause confusion, sorry. I thought you guys might figure it out since it started on the 2002. I got bumped way up to DSP (I don't know if you guys are familiar with SCCA classing, so just in case, that stands for "D" street prepared) because of rear shocks and those bigger wheels. Stood no chance, but I was there to have fun, which there always is plenty of at autocrosses. If you were wondering what I was up against, well pretty much everything in that album.

granthr

How did you compare against the Datsun 510? How great is that, that two old rivals were at the same autocross!:D

GR

Arash2002tii guest

Definitely, lots of fun, and lots of talking between runs about the old 2-5 Challenge series. It would have probably been even more fun if all the 510's weren't triple carbed, with stripped interiors, roll cages, slicks, and in most cases suspension also. But having a group of people standing around and talking about 510's and 2002's in between runs made up for it. :D

granthr

Sounds like a great time! You're right, you can't really compare when one car has all that work done to it and the other doesn't. Well at least you had a great time. Thanks for sharing the pics!.

GR

Arash2002tii guest

Anytime buddy! Always glad to share my beautiful cars with the world :cool: