Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

95 530i m60 v8 performance parts?

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by brcarey, Oct 4, 2008.

brcarey guest

hey I am new to this board. I am also a new owner of a 95 530i with v8 and a manual trans.
    I just cannot seem to find performance parts for the 3.0 v8 are they that hard to come by? how about mated to a 5spd is that prety common. any way back on to subject. I would like to know if there are superchargers kits that i can use.:confused:

Autohaus guest

Try Dinan.com. A E34 530i 5-speed aren't common. You are lucky to have a 5-speed in it :). Dinan might have a supercharger for it.

granthr

I don't know much about performance parts for the motor, but I am sure you can find suspension and brake upgrades. Just check Turner Motorsports, BMP Design, Bavarian Autosport, etc. That is a pretty cool car you got there. Post some pics.

GR

brcarey guest

So that is a rare option for the e-34 cool. thanks for the info I will check into it.:cool:

brcarey guest

I have gone to Turner motor sports I was only able to find a chip and cold air intake thanks for the info. pics to follow soon:)

TeamStowell We love driving!

We owned one back in 2000, and I'm certain Dinan did have items for the series. Contact them directly instead of going through a local dealer.... they may have something in the warehouse. Also, keep an eye on eBay if you feel comfortable going that route.

bubba966 guest

ESS makes the only Supercharger system for the E34 M60's anymore that I'm aware of. Dinan used to make them, but quit selling them a year or two ago.

http://www.esstuning.com/default.asp?c=shop&cat=93&subcat=180&subcat2=182&id=146

It'd be cheaper to install the 4.0L M60 and add an E.A.T. 93 octane performance chip (which'd get you at about the same power output as the SC'd 3.0L M60). But the ESS setup would be a lot easier to do.

Am planning on installing the ESS setup in my '95 540i M-Sport at some point. That'll be fun to play with...

bubba966 guest

Actually, now that I think about it I've seen '95 540i 6-Speed cars selling for less than the cost of a SC setup. The ESS setup at $6,235 is a lot cheaper than what the Dinan setup used to cost as it was $9,995. But I've been seeing the '95 540i/6's for under $6K.