Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by bakersm2008, Mar 10, 2008.

bakersm2008 guest

Hi.

I bought a '97 528i with relatively low mileage, in great shape about a year ago and I've decided it would be a good idea to learn as much as I could about it. Along with having purchased the Bentley service manual(s), where better to learn than the collective wisdom of bimmer owners on this site?! ;)

Cheers,

Susan

Bill Howard

Welcome to the site and, we hope shortly, welcome to membership in BMW CCA. If you've got questiosn about 528i maintenance, post queries in the 5 Series E39 forum. If it's about detailing, we've got a separate forum, along with one just for audio and accessories.

bakersm2008 guest

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the info -- I know that I'll have some maintenance questions.... Actually, I registered for membership in BMW CCA before registering with this site (or maybe simultaneously), but I haven't received my membership number yet. My emailed invoice came to me as computer gobbledygook, but when I looked at the member list, I am on there, listed as being in the Capital chapter, as well. Do you know if they mail the number later?

Thanks!

Bill Howard

Did you mail your membership or do it online? The mailed member card coming back takes 1-2 weeks because they're processed every Monday. Quick fix: Call the club office 864 250 0022 and ask for your membership number and, if you want, the office can also link your usernname here online to your BMW CCA member #.

bakersm2008 guest

Thanks again, Bill, for the information. I did it on-line. I'll just call the office and have them link my username to my number. That seems the easiest. :)

Susan