Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Sound of Satellite Radio

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Electronics' started by Lori S, Sep 19, 2008.

Lori S guest

I have a 2008 335i coupe with satellite radio included.
    The sattelite radio doesn't sound nearly as good as what I get over the air.

I hardly hear anything from the back speakers unless I set the fader to almost the last rear notch.

What do you all think of the BMW Sat radio sound?

286028 guest

Poor sound quality but ample programming.

I have had Sirius in my vehicles and it is in my wife's Audi Q7. I like it for the variety of programming. However sound quality, due to the compression, is poor. I prefer to use an iPod. The other drawback is dropouts due to trees, buildings or other obstructions that block the signal. I find this to be a problem mainly in city driving.

My 335i is pre-wired for sat but I decided against having the module installed.

Regards,
    NHman

Jonathan Spira guest

Except for classical music (which gets a bit more bandwidth from Sirius), the quality you will find on Sirius will be fair at best and that FM radio with good reception will sound better. But that should be a question of sound quality, not front to back bias.

In addition, the overall sound in the 3er coupe, compared to the 3er sedan, is definitely inferior but that´s just an aside.