Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by methusalah, Mar 10, 2008.

methusalah guest

Hello everyone!
    I am looking to buy my first Bimmer in over 15 years...wow it has been a long time. I have few questions for the E46 M3 owners out here, if they don't mind...
    I'm looking at a 2001 M3 coupe - silver w/ black leather and cloth sport seats, H-K sound, pretty much loaded (options) as far as I can tell (no SMG though.) Car has about 80k miles...drives really well everything seems to be in good order but what issues should I expect? How much maintenance can I do or must the dealer do? What are the average costs )minus tires and brake pads)?
    Thanks for any help - it is much appreciated.
    Steve
    BTW - this is the first cloth/leather E46 M3 I have seen, anyone have any thoughts on that?

DevildogM3 guest

Steve,
    I just bought a 04' M3. I was told that every 20k miles I would need a valve adjustment during service. I believe the service would cost around $2k. Luckily I found a used CPO with the extended maintenance plan. That will save me a couple $ over the next couple of years. If you go to BMW's website you can look up the owners manual for the perticular car you are looking at and it will have the service intervals listed. Each service price is different. Good luck.