Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Glad I'm here

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Jim Z4M 07, Sep 1, 2008.

Jim Z4M 07 guest

Hi all.
    I'm new to the club and just sad it took me a year to join.
    My partner is a 2007 Z4 M Roadster which I purchased new.
    A bimmer has been my dream for 40 years and on August 10 of 2007 my dream came true.
    I was scared the reality wouldn't live up to my dream. It doesn't, the reality surpasses my dream by a long shot.

Thought about joining the club but put it off until a neighbor chased me down (we were both on foot. He couldn't catch Beauty.) and lent me his copy of Roundel. Read it cover to cover and joined the club the same day.

Glad to see I'm not alone in being seriously in love with my car.

Autohaus guest

Far from it. Ever see that show Intervention on A&E? If you haven't, its about people who are addicted to alcohol, drugs, etc... and their families get help for them. People close to me are considering doing an intervention for me for my BMW addiction :cool:.

Jim Z4M 07 guest

I'm not sure intervention will work, especially if besides driving, your Zen moments include washing and detailing your car and considering the merits of a camel hair detailing brush over horse or synthetic styles (camel hair, of course).

Autohaus guest

Lets not forget wheel cleaning! Twice a day my friend...