Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Water-Wetter ?

Discussion in 'E46 M3 (2001-2006)' started by ThatOneGuy, Aug 27, 2008.

ThatOneGuy guest

Any issue running water wetter in an E46 M3? Not having any cooling issues, but am interested in "cheap insurance" value. I've read good and bad about the product, the bad put me off the idea. Wondering if anyone has any 1st hand experience.

Thanks.

granthr

Hello. I have used it for a number of years now in my E30 M3 and E30 318i (M10). I have not had any negative issues that I am aware of. I am curious, what bad stuff did you hear about WW?

GR

ThatOneGuy guest

I read a few threads about the ph level of different coolants causing WW to congeal, though it seemed to be more troublesome with non-BMW coolants. The other thing that came up a few times was the phase "gunking up the coolant system". It's unclear if the author meant running WW & water (track) or after it was added to a proper coolant/water mixture.

I ran it in my Acura, didn't notice any difference, except the coolant turned a brown-ish color. However the S54 is a much different engine.

granthr

I always use BMW Coolant, which is blue, so I have not noticed a difference in color. I also have not noticed any gunking up of the coolant system. Like I said, I have used it for a number of years now. The other thing is I change my coolant every two years no matter what. Has anyone else had negative effects using Water Wetter?

GR