Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

E28 euro front spoiler w/ lights

Discussion in 'E28 (1982-1988)' started by Autohaus, Aug 26, 2008.

Autohaus guest

I would like to replace my US bumpers in favor of the euro style. Anyone other than BMPD.com carry them?

granthr

If price is not an issue, I am sure your local BMW Dealer could get them for you. At least you won't have to pay shipping. You will need to have the p/n though. Also you could check with Bavarian Autosport. I bought sport evo headlight grills through them. I just had to give them the p/n.

GR

wve28

Steve Haygood (stevehaygood.com but you're better off calling him) and Maximillian Importing (bimmer.com) are reputable places to buy new from. As mentioned, they are still available from BMW, but I know certain BMW dealerships won't order Euro-specific parts for some reason. Expect to pay just over a grand for all parts needed from either of the first two mentioned sources.

As you probably know, you won't be able to use your IS airdam. The US valance is made from the same stamp as the euro one, it just isn't cut out where the lights go. So if you can cut metal accurately, it's up to you whether you'd rather acquire a euro one or not.

You can get decent installation instructions at http://www.m535i.org/officers/ra/frame.html or if you prefer to go the fabrication route, see http://www.cscoupe.org/misc/M5/euro_bumpers/

Autohaus guest

Stealer would be mega bucks. I could buy a E3 for the same price :cool:. I don't think Bavauto offers them.

Autohaus guest

I want the same set-up as your E28. I am jealous!

///M System guest

there is a used set on ebay right now.

Autohaus guest

I see a few of them, but they are all overpriced. For those amounts, I should just buy new. Last year I offered $200 for a euro front spoiler that was on a 88 M5 that a guy totaled. He refused, didn't want to sell it. I wonder why?! He crashed the car, got the whole passenger side and rear all banged up. He sold the motor and other parts, but wouldn't sell me that dang spoiler I want :mad:.

///M System guest

well, I don't know how much longer I can hold out waiting for a fairly priced used set, I have an '87 535is that's screaming for a euro conversion.

CRKrieger

Have you joined up (free) and shopped the Parts For Sale forum over in MyE28.com? If anyone has a finger on the used parts, they do ...

///M System guest

Thanks. I'm on mye28 and there are a couple of sources, but I've been watching a couple of other venues hoping to find a bargain, I'm in no real rush to do this.

wkohler

There's a member on MyE28.com. His name is Peter (blkbmw) and he has some great prices on good-quality stuff. He's in Taiwan, but all of his prices include shipping.