Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Ombudsman

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Bluestar, Aug 26, 2008.

Bluestar guest

What do the ombudsmen do on/for the CCA?

Bimmerdan

Autohaus guest

Bimmerdan

You know, I think about that quite a bit!! I've been REALLY fortunate that my wife loves the club stuff (and the cars and the driving) as much as I do. Although, in a couple of instances (like the '02, the 318ti, the white M3 and the 135), it's been more a case of 'it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission'...

But it's not my fault! She needs to be clearer in her comments. I showed her a picture of the white M3 on the internet and she said "That would make a nice looking track car." I heard "You should buy that car because it will make a good looking track car for you." After the fact, she tells me that what she actually meant was "That will make a nice looking track car for someone else." I almost needed my own personal ombudsman after that one!!

Autohaus guest

Glad that you have a spine! I made my better 1/2 trade in her Corolla for a 528i sport. Then we sold that one to get a 03 325xi. At one point we had 4 BMW's. I had to sell my 92 525i as I was out of work for a period of time last year :(. She is involved in everything I do BMW wise :). It does help when you do have support.

az3579

I'm surprised she's that cool with it, Chris... She doesn't seem all that interested in our obsession... lol

Autohaus guest

She is, but she keeps it on the down low (or how it is said the hip way, the DL).