Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Spray Wax

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by MPHCPA, Aug 25, 2008.

MPHCPA

I need a spray wax to utilize between my twice yearly "real' waxing. I am looking for something quick and easy. Something to use just after washing the car.

Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Marty

kkratoch

M3Driver guest

298509 guest

Are you looking for a detail spray, or spray wax?

BigGar guest

EagleOne Nana spray wax is a little more work than your average quick detailer, but worth the effort with much more shine enhancement and protection than what the regular "spritz" products.

Gar

MPHCPA

Please excuse my ignorance but I do not have a clue as to the difference between a detail spray and spray wax.

I would like to thank everyone for their input.

Marty

BigGar guest

A spray wax is a bit heavier bodied and usually a little more smeary and difficult to use than a quick detailer type spray, but give a longer lasting, glossier finish. Quick detailer sprays are used mostly for dusting off cars between washes and such.

Gar

Bluestar guest

"Showtime" by Mother's has worked well for me . It's very easily wiped off and leaves a nice shine without fogging or smearing like Meguiar's.

MPHCPA

Thank you for informing me about the differences. Based upon what you have told me I would think a spray wax would be the way to go. I want to use it after washing my car.

BigGar guest

Just take your time with it and you'll be happy with the results. If you have a black or very dark colored car, the results are even more dramatic. Getting all the smears and such out on darker colors is also more challenging, but if you own a dark car, you already know that.
    I like the Costo (cheap) microfiber towels for doing this. Go over it once and don't worry about perfection, then take a fresh, clean microfiber and buff it one more time without adding more spray wax, unless you've missed a spot. If smears persist, take spray bottle with distilled water, and use that to add just a little dampness to the smeared areas and wipe. You may even be able to lightly spray the water directly onto the fresh microfiber and then buff till dry.
    Play with it and you'll figure out what works best on your car.

Gar

MPHCPA

Gar

Thanks for the information.

bluewagon

Go to wetpaintglaze.com Watch the video, read all the information on the site.
    Try it you will never use anything else.
    Bluewagon Ps my BMW is on the web site

venona7

I am a hardcore Griot's user and this wax is a good product. I did not get the results I expected on my Jet Black 330i - I use it on my wife's '09 RAV4 (pearl white) and get a much better result. It seems to leave some haziness on dark vehicles that isn't noticeable on the lighter-colors. Maybe I expected too much from the product - nothing replaces a first-class carnauba-based wax applied with a random orbital and removed by good old elbow grease!

rspeser

I have used Griots spray products and they are quite good. I was impressed by "wet paint", and have started using it between my every two month real wax. The nice thing about wet paint is that you can use it on the glass and everything else. I have even used it on mirrors in the house and it makes them clean and dust free for quite a while.