Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

135i

Discussion in 'E81/E82/E87/E88 (2004-present)' started by EJM05, Aug 17, 2008.

EJM05 guest

Hey whats up guys. Im trading my 2005 325xi for a 2008 135i. It is Graphite with Terra on the inside. I test drove it today and it was amazing. I pick it up on Monday. Im so pumped.

Bimmerdan

Congratulations!!!! You are going to LOVE the car...it's everything I was hoping it would be and MORE!!!

Post some pic's when you get a chance.

wadsworl guest

gsharp guest

I agree. It's a great car! I've had mine since July 14th.

Gonzogonzilla

Have fun.

I saw one that was Dinan up-chipped at our Windy City meet at Road America. It was incredibly fast. 385 hp? Is that right?

Bimmerdan

That sounds about right. Depending on what software you run (SSTT, JB3, Dinan, etc...), you'll end up anywhere from about 370 to 390 HP. It's just a matter of time until somebody blows the 400 HP mark out of the water with simple bolt-on's on this motor (if they haven't already).

MVF4rider guest

FWIW, bone stock peak wheel HP is only 282 at 5610 rpms.

Bimmerdan

That sounds about right. The most recent dyno I've seen with just the Dinan software was 338 WHP (if you assume 12% drivetrain loss, that's 380+ at the crank).

Some guy over on the E90 boards just posted his dyno runs...450 WHP and 465 Torque...!!!? Granted, he's got quite a few mods (all bolt-ons and I think he was picking up some NOS from his intercooler chiller) but it doesn't take a lot to turn this motor into a monster. I think 450 is a time bomb waiting to happen but hey...to each his own.

I'm thinking with just a preformance exhaust and the Dinan software, you'll be looking at 380 - 390 HP at the crank...that's plenty for me!!

330indy1

time bomb is right. change that oil often!