Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Beware Of Ko Performance!

Discussion in 'E39 (1997-2003)' started by Adam Kelly, Aug 4, 2008.

Adam Kelly guest

Has anyone had the pleasure of dealing with the idiots at KO Preformance yet? Or I should say not dealing with them. I tried to order floor mats a month and a half ago and still nothing. No order confirmation, no returned calls or emails, but of course they charged my account within a day. Still fighting to get my money back! Seems I'm not the only pissed off person. Check out the link below. Everyone BEWARE of these scam artists! Spread the word! Boycott KO!

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=221792

1996 328ti guest

BourbonBob guest

I ordered a oil hose for my 68 MB SL from them last month, Same thing, No word about it.

Adam Kelly guest

Sorry about your purchase....

I am sorry to hear about your KO Performance purchase. I would contact your bank and try to get your money back. I have filed a complaint with the Florida BBB and my bank. I still have yet to hear anything. Spread the word about these scammers.

leland

If you used a credit card and the time limit has not been passed (90 days I think), dispute the charge. It usually works.

jnyost guest

There are several of the same posts on bimmerforums.

FurryOne

KO Performance

I must live a charmed life. I ordered replacement 530i seat switch covers and they arrived pretty quickly with good communications about the order, when it shipped, and the tracking number.

jnyost guest

I'd say you are very lucky. They screwed A LOT of people. Some of them were my friends here in Ohio.

FurryOne

Well, I'm not THAT lucky. 2 years ago we needed a replacement radiator for my Wife's '85 318i, so we ordered the Behr OEM from BA. 3 months later, still no radiator... 8 months later, still no radiator "They're on the boat from Germany...any time now."... 11+ months later, go for the Nissen instead... on backorder... finally one comes... it's crunched in on one side (dropped somewhere)...no replacements - on backorder... ordered from another place...then, in the space of 5 days, I get 4 more Nissen radiators! I thought I'd cornered the US stock of 318i radiators! I installed a good one, and sent the others back except the crunched one (not wanted back). It's water-tight, and would probably work ok, but why accept it when you've paid for new? So after that fiasco, I have a spare 318i (slightly dented) Nissen radiator. (not to mention one PO'd Wife :mad: during that time.)

jnyost guest

I surprised you were able to wait that long for a radiator. Normally when you need it, you need it now! :)

FurryOne

We remove our Bimmers for the Winters - NY salt is a pain. So we only lost it for 6 months of driving. We sacrifice Jeeps to the god of rust. :D

dalex17 guest

I ordered tail lights for my son's 318ti. KO replied with an order conformation, then nothing else. Time expired for me to get my debit card charges back. I'm going to find that punk, John Paul Komasinski, and 'have a chat' with him.

1996 328ti guest

It's not like you will be the first and unfortunately, you won't be the last.

There are threads about his company on every forum.

CRKrieger

Has anyone considered contacting local or postal law enforcement? Mail fraud and theft by fraud are both perfectly viable criminal charges for this kind of behavior. It's worked for me before.

dalex17 guest

My son's tail lights for his 318ti

HERES'S THE ENTIRE INVOICE:mad:

Thank you for choosing KO Performance!

We greatly appreciate your business, and pride ourselves on delivering
    Outstanding and HONEST Service and Prices.

This document will serve as your invoice. Please print it out and keep it for your records. If lose your invoice, you can print another one by logging into your KO Account and viewing your transaction history.

Please contact us with any further inquiries or questions regarding your order, or regarding parts you would like to purchase, but could not find available online. KO Performance (KO ENTERPRISES, INC.)
    1865 79th St. CSWY, Suite 10G
    Miami Beach, FL 33141
    786-264-1684
    e-mail: sales@koperformance.com
    www.koperformance.com

--------------------------------------------------------- Transaction Summary ---------------------------------------------------------

Invoice #:
    Customer #:
    Date:
    Salesperson:
    -phone:
    -email: 2008013505
    Fitzgerald5280
    New Customer
    2008-07-03 13:08:50

e-commerce, Self-Order
    786-264-1684
    sales@koperformance.com
    Vehicle Make: BMW
    Model: 318ti (E36 chassis)
    Sub-Model:
    Year: 1995
    Mileage:
    Production:
    VIN #:

----- Billing Information -----

Sold To: D. Alex Fitzgerald
    Address:
    Madison, WI 53711

Phone #: 608-2
    Email: dalex
    ----- Shipping Information -----

Shipping To: D. Alex Fitzgerald
    Address:
    Madison, WI 53711

----- Comments -----

Don't forget to Check KO 1st! In addition to performance products, KO offers the entire line of Genuine, OEM and replacement parts for most high end import luxury and performance vehicles.
    Everything from nuts and bolts to brake pads, water pumps, alternators, fluids and filters,
    and even lifestyle proudcts and accessories most people think you have to go to the dealership to obtain.

Our prices speak for themselves... KO Performance, the NEW DEALership.

----- Items, Totals, and Payment Information -----

Item Part# Qty Unit Price Description Line Total
    < 1 > 82199402924-371 1 $78.06 Taillight with White Turn Signal Left NOTE: Also use- (1) 07 11 9 900 673 yellow bulb. This part is manufactured by: SEIMA. Applications: 318ti E36. See below for more applications! $78.06
    < 2 > 82199402925-371 1 $78.06 Taillight with White Turn Signal Right NOTE: Also use- (1) 07 11 9 900 673 yellow bulb. This part is manufactured by: SEIMA. Applications: 318ti E36. See below for more applications! $78.06

Payment Method: Credit Card - MC
    Last Four Digits of Credit Card: 0218
    Subtotal:
    Sales Tax (FL only):
    Shipping:

Total:

$156.12
    $0.00
    $0.00

$156.12

*note: KO does not store your credit card number for your safety.

----- Legal Notices and Disclaimers -----

The only warranty applying to the part(s) or tires in accordance with this invoice are those offered by the manufacturer. The seller hereby disclaims any warranty, either expressed or implied by any other person(s) other than the manufacturer. Any returned merchandise will be subject to a 20% handling charge. No refunds or credits without this original receipt. No refund or exchanges on any special order merchandise.

CRKrieger

OK; so what? You revived an 18-month-old thread for this? Did you read MY post above?

I realize you don't come here often, so I'll tell you that I am also a lawyer (admitted in Wisconsin) and, although this is not legal advice unless you've paid me for it, I will assure you that it's a pretty good idea. Certainly better than continuing to entertain fantasies of assault and battery, which will land your *** in jail. There are, however, statutes of limitation during which you must act. I do not know what they are on this kind of fraud (and, as above, I won't be looking them up unless you've paid me to do so), but I will strongly urge you to contact postal authorities and law enforcement NOW about this problem.

John in VA

It's a shame to be ripped off by vendors prominent or serving as"sponsors" on various forums. I saw many "warning signs" by disgruntled customers, so decided to get Euro 318ti tail lights for a buddy's car for ~$85 each (complete with bulbs) from Brian Scroggins at BMW of Chattanooga. 1-800-730-5598