Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Angel Eyes

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by EJM05, Aug 3, 2008.

EJM05 guest

Hey I have a 05 325xi and I want to add Angel Eyes to the car. Where is the best place to buy them? Also, should I do it myself or should I hire someone to do it for me?

catchuk guest

bradley01 guest

EJM,

Here are a couple links to conversations about European Auto Source's Aurora Angel Eyes.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=573806

They are the best on the market, and Tom from EAS has done lots of product reviews on which to help you base your decision.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=564135

Read up and do your research, but in my opinion, EAS is going to get my money! Aurora Angel Eyes FTW!!!

Cheers,

Glendon

EJM05 guest

Now are they easy to install or should I hire someone to put them on for me?

bradley01 guest

Is your car a facelift e46? I can't really tell from your picture... If so, then your headlights should just snap apart at the tabs. Search on bimmerfest and e46fanatics.com and you should find DIY instructions. Shouldn't be too hard!

az3579

Yes, his is facelifted. It's a 2005 as he mentioned.

EJM05 guest

How do I tell if it is facelifted?

bradley01 guest

does it look like this?

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Noticed the up-turned turn signal corners and the side marker is in a higher location.

EJM05 guest

thanks

thanks for helping me out. it is the face lifted version. i am trading it in for a 135i Graphite and terra on the inside!!

billmiranda

Here's something to look put for:

If you live in a state where they actually do a proper inspection,.. make sure your lights are DOT certified.

I purchased from Umnitza,.. and mine aren't. while they've been on there for like 2.5 years... I just recently went into get my inspection done here in Virginia... and got read the riot act as there are NO DOT markings anywhere on the lights. The guy showed me the actual state inspection manual and it stated clearly that lights are to be DOT certified and have the markings on them.

It's rare that anyone would have issues concerning this but even that 1% chance is worth considering.

v/r

Bill

granthr

I am sorry to hear about your issue with non-DOT headlights. Boy, Virginia is not too nice to their motorist are they! :confused: Not allowed to have radar, speeding tickets in the $1,000 range!:confused: For years I have had euro headlights and never had an issue with inspection. The crazy thing is, euro headlights are better and are less likely to bother other drivers. What drives me mad though are people who drive at dusk and night with just their DRL on! They can really blind you, not to mention no taillights!

GR

Autohaus guest

YIKES:eek:. Probably $300 for the ticket and $700 for the court fee (coffee, doughnuts, bagels, cream cheese, etc...).

tgor guest

Yeah Virgina is down right mean they also enforce the speed limit with helicopters...
    I recently took a trip through that state and the drivers seemed as if they were neutered. I can see why though with that much bacon on your ass.

Autohaus guest

That explains why I smelled pork products when I last drove through VA two years ago :D.

bradley01 guest

Roflmao!!!