Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Tell me it isn't true!!

Discussion in 'E85/E86 Z4 M roadster/coupe (2006-2008)' started by UltraIron1, Jul 28, 2008.

UltraIron1 guest

Over this past weekend a friend of mine told me that he read that there would not be a Z4M, coupe or convertible, for 2009!! Does anyone know if this is factual in any way?

az3579

Weren't they going to stop making the Z4 in a few years? :confused:

BMWtoyz guest

I do not know about the M versions yet, but there is a revamped Z4 planned for 2009.

M3Driver guest

and perhaps it will have the new M3 V8.....:D

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Z-car future

Z4 production in Spartanburg is tentatively scheduled to end in August, I think. Manufacture of that car will move to. . . hmmm. . . Regensburg, maybe? Anyway, we get the X3, the X5, the X6---anything with an X in its name.

I don't know if they'll make the current Z4 in Germany or just go on hiatus until the next version is viable. That one will get the twin-turbo six (N54)---and supposedly the V8 in an M version.

If they sell off the moribund stock of current Z4s before they launch the new one, I'd say we'll see it around 2015.

;)

SC

330indy1

Satch, what color and options did you get on your z4M?
    how many miles are on it, and what do you like most about it?

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Twenty Questions?

:confused:

Um. . . I'm not sure this isn't a different thread entirely, and I don't really have much time right now, but it's white---Alpinweiss, I suppose---with whorehouse-red interior. That's what made it saleproof. White makes a great background for flames.

Options? It has options?! Well, I don't know. It has shiny wood on the dash. Is that an option?

It had just over 3000 miles when I bought it; they hadn't changed the break-in oils yet, so that service was late. It currently has about 6000 miles. I'll change oil at 10,000.

What do I like best about it? Same as riding a motorcycle: It. Make. Me. Feel. Good.
    Mind you, I would be having just as much fun if it were a 150-horsepower four-banger, but the S34 delinquency factor cannot be denied, arrh arrh ARRH!

SC
    :D:D:D