Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Noob to BMW & E93

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by WDW1Fanatic, Jul 28, 2008.

WDW1Fanatic guest

Hi all. New member here, and soon to be new in the BMW family way, with a 2009 E93. Just got my production date as first week of September.

Thanks in great part to this forum and the German 2009 announce info I found around here a bit ahead of the US, I made the switch from a 2002 Lexus SC430 a couple of weeks ago. It was quite the decision process, but am excited to be a part of all this. For anyone interested, my history with autos, some info on my past and future coupe, along with some detailing/Zaino info are on my personal web pages beginning here http://bertsplace.net/auto/index.htm

Bert

Bimmerdan

Hey Bert! Welcome to the insanity. You're going to love the car! Post pictures when you get your hands on it.

PhillyNate

Welcome, you made a great decision. I bought a 2008 328i coupe in March and only wish I had done it sooner.
    Congrats

WDW1Fanatic guest

Took delivery of my new '09 E93 335i Convertible on 10/24/2008. Pictures in my gallery.

lrgoodspeed guest

Hey Bert - beautiful car! It's been a month since you took ownership of it. How are you enjoying it so far?

MFarisE39 guest

Bimmerdan,
    Do you have a larger version of the "collection pic"? I think it's pretty sweet.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

You got a 335i CONVERTIBLE?!

Mannn, that is so cool that if it weren't for the M roadster, I'd be SOOOO jealous!

WDW1Fanatic guest

Apologies for delay -- busy times with work, on-call for jury duty, and the holidays. Up to 400 miles on my new ride in the first 6 weeks. Loving it -- still figuring out preferences with iDrive, music, etc. Unfortunately I've not driven it for the last 2 weeks -- it's detailed and covered in my garage while I'm awaiting delivery and painting of a front bumper headlight washer cover... For whatever reason, one I guess fell off (I doubt it was stolen -- zero other damage) and I refuse to drive an imperfect beauty. ;) ...boy, and it was a picture perfect top down day here in SoCal yesterday!

I ran a long thread on a couple of other forums with first thoughts that may be of interest. Check these out on E90POST: 2 days after delivery & update 10 days after delivery. Ran a similar thing on Bimmerfest as well.

If someone is wanting a larger version of the pics as a widescreen background, just PM and I'll forward on.