Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Best BMW for an 18 year old?

Discussion in 'Buy, Lease, Finance & Insurance' started by jhietter, Jul 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MGarrison

I'm just picturing this Germany trip shaping up.... A brisk drive through the German countryside on a beautiful day.... Chris expertly driving while his wife enjoys the ride.............
    aaaaaaaaand there's AZ..... duct taped into the trunk! :D ;)

Autohaus guest

135i?! What is that? BMW makes a 1 series now :confused: How was it man! My wife and I drove the convertible and she wants a 1 series. So far, I've got $20 in a special account just for the 135i....LOL

Autohaus guest

LMAO! He would ride shotgun probably. My wife will be tending to my little tike. However, this house in our town just got our attention. We currently rent a house, so a purhase would be great! It would need work, but my brother in law is a carpenter/contracter, so that helps :cool:. This information, however, will not help the OP decide what BMW to drive.

MGarrison

hehe :p

Well... the last time there was something on here that might help the OP (I'm reminded of that rap song - what was that - something like 'Ya I'm the O.P.P. .....' ...but, uh, I digress...) was like what.... 5 months ago? :p

Autohaus guest

"You down with O.P.P. ya you know me. Who's down with O.P.P! I think I was like 11 or 12 when that song came out! All of you guys are welcome to come to Germany. I'm planning a trip either late July/early August 2010 for a week. If I catch lightning in a bottle, then my wife and I will pick up a 135i. If not, then a BMW rental will do :cool:.

az3579

I would truly be depressed when you pick up the 1er. I dunno why!

Probably because I know you wouldn't let me drive it. :p
    Though since your wife wants a vert, I'm guessing it's gonna be a slushbox so I may not want to drive it anyway...

But hell, a trip to Germany in a slushbox 135i duct taped into the trunk is still better than not going to Germany at all. :D

Brian A

Shotgun!!!

az3579

12-gauge? :D

Brian A

...Ooops...

Autohaus guest

I have convinced her to get the 135i coupe and she need to learn how to shift! She will practice on the E39. Yes, you can drive it. But.....promise to sell me the 325e in about 10 years for Peyton.

If I can drive your E30 vert :cool:

Brian A

Ooooo ... I dunno ...

... If I actually ride in a new car, I might actually like it and want one: not a good thing.

Autohaus guest

Rats :mad: :D

Autohaus guest

good night all. Time to hit the sack. Case of the mUndays stink!

az3579

Dunno if I'll have it by then... saw this guy on Bimmerforums with an '86 325es with 502K miles on his!!!

Who knows, maybe I'll surpass his record and just give the E30 to ya.
    Of course, I'm gonna have to get another car... hmm... plastic-bumpered E30 w/ S50 swap anyone? :D

Arash2002tii guest

If only shipping your car internationally didn't cost a small fortune. Nothing would beat driving around in Munich in a Left Hand Drive tii. First I'll need to get the gas pedal fixed, it broke off on the X00th heel-toe I did yesterday :eek:, so I had to drive back 30 miles home on a 1/2 in. metal nub :D. This Germany trip is sounding liek it would be a blast. I beleive there is a rental service for cars you can take on the 'Ring, but I'm sure that will empty your pockets real fast.

Arash2002tii guest

Heresy! ;)

Autohaus guest

I should ship my E28 to Germany and give it to Mobile Tradition for a day or two :D. However, the bill would be like the price of a 116d :eek:

CRKrieger

Looks like somebody's E30 hasn't had his headlights sucked out by an E28 535is lately ... :eek:

Brian A

My big concern is that now that you are hosting 20 or 30 of us, how are we all going to fit in to that one little 1 series you're renting for us?

Autohaus guest

BMWCCA members are required to obtain their own transportation ;). If I get the 1 series, I guess you all have to take turns. If I don't get the 1'er and I rent, then you all have to rent BMW's so we can have our own rally drive in Germany :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.