Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Best BMW for an 18 year old?

Discussion in 'Buy, Lease, Finance & Insurance' started by jhietter, Jul 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Autohaus guest

Be my guest! I think I will do a sp(oil) change on my E39 this weekend. Yup, I'll drive my car up the curb. The bootleg shade tree mechanic at its best ;)

granthr

Hey this thread has gone all over the place! A 135i would be awesome! By then you might even be able to find a used one for a decent price! :)

GR

Autohaus guest

I want to do euro delivery :D, so it would have to be new. If anything I'll just fly over to Germany and rent a BMW if I can't afford a 135i then :eek:

granthr

Forgot the Euro delivery part! :eek: My mind shouldn't be slipping already!

Yes euro delivery would be great. When I was a kid my parents did euro delivery on an 86 diesel Jetta. Good fun, but not a BMW! :( That car eventually became mine, and I have been hooked on German cars ever since and now strickly BMW! :D

So if you do euro delivery you will leave a lasting impression on Peyton!

GR

Autohaus guest

He will be 3.5 years by then. The little tike will love it :D

az3579

If you do ED for the trip, I will drive up to your house and polish your wheels twice a day every day of the year if you let me drive whatever you lease/buy on the Germany trip. :D

Autohaus guest

No problem! Even if we can't do ED/buy another BMW, then I'll rent a Beemer/Bimmer/Beamer/BMW :cool:

az3579

If you're serious about this, then I'll be glad to split the cost with you to rent a decent BMW.

But that means a trip to the Nurb is mandatory, so how are we gonna get away with bringing a rental onto the Nurb? :(

Autohaus guest

I am dead serious for the Germany trip summer 2010. I think to rent a 5er would be about 600 euro's for 7 days with unlimited miles (km) and with full coverage. Maybe we will see the OP with his E46 M3 on the Nurb...lol

az3579

No 5 series! NO!

MUST be a 3er or an M car! Nothing else will do!

It's not like we're gonna just putz around all day; we need a fun, agile car, and a large, very (very) heavy saloon luxury sedan just ain't it.

And 600 Euros is a TON OF MONEY when converted from USD!

granthr

AZ lets see some new pictures of your E30 with the 15 inch baskets weaves! I think I saw some pictures of your car from your outing last weekend.

GR

Autohaus guest

Well I just checked the bmw website and I did price quotes for a 135i coupe lease. Maybe Carol and I will be able to afford it around 2010 for ER delivery. I think we should go to Germany maybe late July-early August of 2010. That means I would have to place the order of the 135i by April since it takes about 3 months for them to get it together. However, I have two auto loans on my credit, so I would have to put some serious cash down to get approved. Also, I might have to dump extra cash on one of the other auto loans to get it down. I think getting BMW Financial services means you need to have near perfect credit, so I gotta pay down credit card billzzz :eek:.
    We gotta find him a wheel cap. One of them fell off during our 10/11 meet/drive. The wheels, however, look great.

granthr

Work towards that 135i, it will be worth it! :D What car are you going to replace? Or is this number 4! :cool:

Missing center cap! That is a b$*#h. Good news though, the center cap from the E34, E30 M3 & ix basket weaves are the same! So you should be able to find one. Don't pay more than $35 though, you can get a new one for about $50.

GR

Autohaus guest

My wife wants it to be a convertiBULL. This would be car #4. I am trying to use the Jedi mind trick on her into just getting the coupe. I can't sell the E39. I just love the E39 with a stick. The xi isn't going anywhere. We need at least one all wheel drive vehicle in the NE. The E28 is my first car and she ain't going nowhere! So I need to pay down bills and I'm really looking forward to my crappy 5% raise in FEB :mad:. However, I should be thankful I have a jay oh bee (job) in this wonderful ecomony of ours. I do have a 2nd job Saturday mornings, so I am a lucky dog.

az3579

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa192/az3579/Personal/1987 BMW 325e/CIMG0043.jpg

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa192/az3579/Personal/1987 BMW 325e/CIMG0045.jpg

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa192/az3579/Personal/1987 BMW 325e/IMAGE_008.jpg

I obviously don't take much pics because that's the extent of my picture-taking with the new wheels on.

Sellers on eBay don't seem to think so. They feel they have the right to charge over $40 for ONE CAP, used.
    It was my understanding that E34 caps were different?

Either way, I'm not getting one for such a small amount of money unless I sit on the computer all day looking on eBay to snag a good deal.

If you can GUARANTEE that the E34 caps will fit, then I can snag one for $16 right now, Buy It Now...

That second job of yours has other benefits you fail to mention. :rolleyes:

Autohaus guest

I saved you a bunch of money by switching your car insurance to Geico :). The benefits did save you money on getting a new oil pan :D

az3579

Fa sho.
    That guy is fantastic. The labor rates are pretty high though. I'm sure you get what you pay for, but it's simply too much for my pocket.

That's prolly why I'll take Lance up on his offer on showing me how to replace struts/shocks and install the lowering springs when I get them.

Autohaus guest

I remember when his labor rates were like $55 per hour back in 1999 :eek:. Yeah, I hope Lance can get me that great deal too for the xi :D

granthr

AZ, I can't guarantee that it will fit. I just looked at www.realoem.com for the part numbers and they are different. The E30 M3 wheels have the same part number as the 4 lug 15 inch basket weave. When I lost mine a long time ago when I lost mine someone told me they will fit. So now I am not sure! :confused:

Good Luck finding one!

GR

granthr

Forgot to mention. Your car looks great with those wheels! Nice find! Just make sure the other center caps are tight! :D

I just a drove a 135i today! It was for the Susan B Koman drive. It was a blast to drive. First time driving a BMW with this motor. I got it sideways a little! :D

GR
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.