Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

X5 Tire Replacement

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by ehackett, Jul 26, 2008.

ehackett guest

I am looking at replacing the Michelin Energy XV4's on my 2001 X5. I have heard good things about the Michelin Lattitude Tour HP's and also Bridgestone Duelers and Continental Cross Contact LX's. Does anyone have any recommendations or experience with these other varieties?

jhietter

We have an X5 with some Yokohama's on it. I don't know the specific model but they look really cool and they work great in performance, comfort, and noise. If you look up yokohama X5 tires I think you will find the one I am talking about. I just looked them up and I think they are called the "Yokohama ADVAN S.T." Good luck.

Mike88 guest

tires

i have an '05 X5 with Bridgestone Dueler's on it, and they run good but they are very loud. Lots of road noise especially at slow speed

ehackett guest

Thanks - this is helpful. Probably replace this fall - still recovering from about $1300 of Brake work!

Ed

ehackett guest

Thanks Mike - I think I'll take the duelers off the list.

Ed

mlholland guest

X5 tires

The yokohama Geolanders are a great set for performance and wet/winter driving. Reasonable price....Tirerack sell the 18'' for aprox 150 each.

Jeff Gomon South Central Region Vice President

I have to ask....what brake work did you get done that was $1,300.00? I am assuming you had someone perform the work as I know the parts are NOT that expensive. If you took it in and had it done, I would suggest that next time, perhaps just buy the parts and set up a chapter Brake Tech session. We do this a lot and have a great time. We did a bunch of subframe bushings one Saturday and also had a complete brake replacement including rotors, pads and caliper rebuild on a members car. All it cost him was parts and some beer. Everyone learned a great deal, some enough to perform their own maintenance. You would be surprised who will volunteer to help, and how many will show up to see how its done.

I am not poking fun or criticizing at all....I just wish members would take advantage of the resources and talents within the membership base.

BTW, what tires did you decide on???