Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

any reputable shops with euro engines

Discussion in 'E36 M3 (1995-1999)' started by E36M3MIKE, Jul 22, 2008.

E36M3MIKE guest

listen up guys i am looking for a reputable shop that have euro engines available. if anyone can recommend me a shop, it would be very appreciated thanks:)
    • Technical Service Advisor

mooseheadm5

nighthawk328i guest

I'd suggest bimmerworld, but the euro engines there are always on backorder. You could try bimmerforums, you might be able to buy a euro engine off of one of them.
    • Technical Service Advisor

mooseheadm5

Regardless, you should talk to James at RRT. He has an E36 M3 with an euro Evo motor in it. Seriously fast car, that.

Evo

Club memeber Alex Lipowich has been bringing in Euro E36 motors for years. Great reputation.
    Here is his website:

www.abloriginalparts.com

Good luck with it.
    -MJ

starkhundin guest

I think I just found a guy in the UK. They're not built, just used. They also have 6 speeds as well. Around 2000 pounds for the motor (x1.7575=3515$) and 350 pounds (615$) for the 6 speed. Another good thing I have found is if you go on ebay.co.uk (UK's ebay) It tends to be cheaper and more readily available compared to the states. But if your wanting headache free "crate" motor. I would go Turner. But that's just my 2 cents

Alex Lipowich

Happy to help

Indeed I have been doing this for several years.

There are many people bringing in the motors. Support is important, and knowledge about the product is important.

Keep in mind that many engines that are available in europe are not in good condition. Occasionally I've had to stand behind what I sell, and I have a long list of customers that are happy over the years.

If you get an engine with shipping damage, parts missing, bearings worn you'll have an interesting set of problems. Some people over there will help you, some will not. If you find a great deal on an engine, there may be a reason its a great deal. I've been burned a number of times ACCIDENTALLY by guys I trust over there.

There is a lot of active discussion in BFC as well on these topics now that we have our own euro forum. We try to keep the information correct, and debunk myths.

Alex.

94is guest

+1 I got my S50B32 from this man. :D

BlueAngel M3 guest

I am interested as well, anyone here in the north east? thanks in advance!

Nik

Alex Lipowich

Send me an email to xyobgyn@aol.com, and I'm happy to refer you to a very qualified shop that can handle the installation.

I'd love to be your vendor as well for the engine, give me a buzz. I'm highly motivated to move some the inventory I've got here in Chicago. (ie, prices are being discounted)

Alex.