Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

F30 Headlight Adjustments

Discussion in 'F30 (2012-present)' started by tbdbitl, Jun 1, 2013.

tbdbitl

I have a 2013 328i X drive with the regular halogen headlights. Like all of the BMWs that I have owned, the headlights are adjusted down farther than I would prefer; I find myself at night with not enough of the road ahead illuminated. In my previous cars (Z4's with Xenon headlights) there was a simple adjustment to bring the headlight aiming up and illuminate the road better. It didn't take much of an adjustment to still have the lights pointed down (and not into someone's mirror), but I was still able to improve the illumination on highway.

On the 328 I have not been able to identify where the aiming adjustment screw is. Can someone point me in the right direction. I have not tried to do anything yet, but was noticing a tab with a hex screw (allen screw) going down through it, and also a circular cover that I assume leads to the bulbs for replacements. Am I on the right trail?

Thanks in advance.

charlson89